Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! April 16, 2018

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

New members

Please welcome the following members to our community.

@ra.kessler, @Jim Hallman, @gbaker53.

To our new members, thank you for joining us! To our existing members, please click on their names above and shoot them a welcome message.

Featured Gallery

I stumbled across a gallery of mine I thought may be beneficial to anyone who is building, thinking of building, a steam box for bending wood. I made this box for my chairs, and it was a successful first attempt, thanks for looking!

Featured Image of the Week

Tall cabinet by James Krenov

Page link: http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/James-Krenov

Attribution: James Krenov, Master of the Handmade - FineWoodworking. (2018, April 15). Retrieved from http://www.finewoodworking.com/2009/09/10/james-krenov-master-of-the-handmade
Image by Jonathan Binzen
Source: http://www.finewoodworking.com/2009/09/10/james-krenov-master-of-the-handmade

dl82?display

Weather extremely uncooperative so little accomplished over the weekend except 3 round trips Saturday to the HS plus 1.4 hours of "driving school" for oldest grand-daughter. We thankfully "survived" her first driving experience on the interstate.:P She's a good student and continues to learn...lots of practice still needed though.

Coming week...4 tennis matches scheduled weather permitting (forecast foreboding); Mail taxes...Remainder, TBD...Snowing, cold, and miserable this AM...nap time in a few minutes.

One last comment...Punxsatawney Phil = Fake News plus Liar, Liar, pants on fire...and in the immortal words that of that great Southern American, Forrest Gump..."that's all I've got to say about that!!"

no shop time planned.  shot a pistol match saturday.  mid-pack.

working on BR/office renovation.  last drywall sanding done this AM.  need to remove 2 sections of baseboard, move one bookcase, then ready to prime and paint first section of wall.  then need to order floor tiles (guess i should measure first).

later will build some new bookcases, so that will involve shop time.  and much later, a storage cabinet with 8-12 drawers.

2 hours ago, Chips N Dust said:

Nothing happened in the shop this weekend :( - other life aspects took over for the weekend. We did however, complete our taxes and filed them last night.

Same here , got rejected once corrected error filed again went thru 2nd time, had to pay, slept well last night.

Herb

1 hour ago, Allen Worsham said:

Spending today with my wife in the hospital as she is having her left knee replaced. She will stay overnight in the hospital  so I will crash at my sister's house tonight which is about 15 minutes away.

Hope everything goes good on the operation.

Herb

1 minute ago, Dadio said:

Same here , got rejected once corrected error filed again went thru 2nd time, had to pay, slept well last night.

Herb

7 hours ago, Allen Worsham said:

Spending today with my wife in the hospital as she is having her left knee replaced. She will stay overnight in the hospital  so I will crash at my sister's house tonight which is about 15 minutes away.

Wishing her a quick recovery from the surgery. Life does get better after the surgery.

Nothing accomplished this weekend. Lots of rain and cold.

Edited by It Was Al B

Allen, this nurse after my knee operation told me a way to remember when going up or down the stairs, the good goes up and the bad goes down. I'm sure she was referring to the bible but always lead with the bad leg when going down the stairs and with the good leg when going up the stairs...

Hope she is happy with the results...My only complaint is when working on something sitting on the floor then trying to stand back up.. Those new pieces in the leg just don't want to bend far enough....Doc said give it time. Its been over 15 years now and I don't have much more time to offer.

Well, I am in the process of making a silk purse out of a sows ear. Actually am in the process of building 10 wood duck houses out of junk recycled cedar. Much clamping and gluing. In fact it turns out that about 80% of my time is taken up by this exercise. Doing this as a favor my son and friend. Using Titebond 3. This will be a true test of that glue as these nest boxes are out year round. I really, really value my warm dry shop--- just finished with 12" of snow and a two day significant blizzard here in southwest MN. Works for me.