Friday, April 13, 2018, What's On Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

More tax stuff today and then corrections and more tax stuff over the weekend and then send all my remaining money to the government so they can fritter it away (and yes, i was going to use something else for fritter...).  :o    Man, oh man, with all those great changes they put in I should be rolling in it next year (kinda like the dog rolls in stuff).  :o

Paid the Mechanic....I also found where a leaker MIGHT be....transmission cooling lines.   Might just try to find a radiator for the van....new ones are almost $200:o

Went back to that yard sale...got one of the Brown tool chests at $5 less than asking price.  :ph34r: Had to have Grandson pick and carry it to the van. 

Taxes were done last month.   Not a whole lot got done today.....other than getting paid. :)

Grandson came here, to take his Driver's Exam ( PASSED!!)  Van had another "issue"   Hi-mount Brake light was burned out...had to buy a new bulb,    Used a ratcheting screwdriver from that $5 box lot, as it had  the Torx bit I needed to change the bulb...

Brown Box?

5ad1533c00275_toolbox.jpg.719fe38eecade1cae9671df554e9db38.jpg

Front panel is stowed.   Lid closes a little better..

5ad153815449d_bungeecords.jpg.6f0ab1a63c0df3666ba662a25f2b265d.jpg

once this mess was removed.  T end of a pipe?

5ad153bf646eb_pipeclamp.jpg.df9e5b52e9b87f737e8a66a9782d6bea.jpg

May trim this down a bit, and ditch the fitting.

Edited by steven newman

1 hour ago, steven newman said:

Might just try to find a radiator for the van....new ones are almost $200

Dang...Always something isn't it? I can't remember if you have a Chrysler T&C or Dodge Grand Caravan (basically same vehicle)...seem to recall it's an '05???  Only reason it sticks (somewhat) is my daughter's is an "05 T&C. Pretty sure her radiator has started leaking too...I know the water pump is...anyways not sure if your mechanic would let you buy the part elsewhere and him or someone else would install, but you might check with Rock Auto. Looks like the Denso is under $80 for hers (probably yours too??) Shipping would vary b/c of location.

I've bought numerous parts from Rock Auto...Denso is often the supplier of various parts for the OE manufacturer. Wish I was closer...I'd help you change it out.:(

This listing page is for an '05 Chrysler T&C Touring w/ 3.8L...Rock Auto T&C 3.8L Radiator

You're right too...the Chrysler OEM is almost $200 even from Rock Auto (bottom of the link page)

@Kenny Tarmack...WOW Kenny...what can I say, but "when's the party and do we bring something?":P

The hickory is beautiful. I can't wait to see the bar finished out with the top. It's spectacular even w/o the top!  The track door just sets everything else off perfectly.

You did Grandpa proud...for that matter you've done yourself proud too.

Reported earlier that we were vending at a show in Perry, GA.  Saturday great weather, great people (buying) and then the fire depoartment, with help from the weather prognosticators) said that the promoters should cancel the show for Sunday because of all the nasty weather headed our way.  At the time of this writing (Sunday about 9:30am, it is storming with some pretty good winds and lightening.  Glad I'm sitting in our dry trailer and not trying to get things ready for a "no customer" day.  Nuff sed