Big Scteen Tv 1950

HandyDan

Thanks Dan...brings back many memories...

My grandmother had one just like that. She watched "her programs" (As the World Turns/ Days of Our Lives) as she called them when grandpa was at work.:P

Grandpa almost never watched anything on TV; Kept listening to his radio. He thought TV's would lead to our ruination; I guess in some aspects he turned out to be right.

36 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Grandpa almost never watched anything on TV; Kept listening to his radio. He thought TV's would lead to our ruination; I guess in some aspects he turned out to be right.

Sounds like MY dad. Until he discovered Lawrence Welk, that is!

John

35 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

Sounds like MY dad. Until he discovered Lawrence Welk, that is!

John

He wouldn't watch the "bubble man" either...singing, dancing and 'wild music' on that show:P. He didn't believe in dancing, the only singing was done at church and the only music there was the pitch pipe to start the song.

After he had his first stroke he mellowed some though and occasionally would watch with grandma; Grandma never missed LW once she found him on TV.

Shoot, I sometimes watch the LW reruns Saturday evenings on PBS...beats most things on TV.:D

Dad worked for Graybar Electric and got his TVs there.  I think I was 15 when he brought home the first color TV.  I remember helping him carry it in the house ans was amazed by the color and clarity of it.  Not all the programs were broadcast in color at the time.

Archived