I bought that exact package, 2-3 years ago. If memory serves it was $499 then and was on sale for $399. It did come with a lifetime warranty on the batteries. It sees occasional use in the workshop, but is carried with me to all my jobs as an electrician. I would have zero complaints about the set. Whatever I did pay for it, I remember checking on Amazon (not sure anyone else sells Rigid now, think HD owns them or has a strong deal with them) and it was $100 more on Amazon. I surprised myself with how many uses a battery operated circular saw could have for an electrician on a work site. Things I would be terrified to try with a plug in saw (OSHA, nothing to see hear, move along).  I would call that a very good price if one was in the market. 

Herb, I don’t know if they are still offering lifetime warranty on the batteries, but there was a separate registration that had to be done for it. It was through Home Depot, I believe. Had to get confirmation they registered the batteries and then print it out and save it. Well worth it though. The batteries have a 4 bar display on the front, you press a button and it shows how much juice is left. New Toys!!!!!

Looks a bit like the set i bought long ago (minus the 1/4" impact driver) in the 24V set.   I have had the batteries replaced several times over the years and have used all the tools.   No complaints at all (except for the weight).   Drill is very powerful and hammerdrill function allowed me to put fasteners into block wall without a hitch.   Drill can  put a 1/2: hole right through an 8x8 post (be careful is doesn't rip your hand off).   Overall - I love my Ridgid set and wish they had the brushless and lighter batteries back when.   I would buy it all over again if this set disappeared (and i couldn't track down where it went.  :angry:)

The LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement) applies to the batteries and the tools and you have to (1) register them when new and (2) re-register when anything is replaced (batteries in my case).   No hassle at all and I don't even have to take them to HD any more...just call the 800 number and let them know.   When the new replacements arrive, call the 800 number (or you can go online) to register them.   When i asked about the old batteries they said, "just recycle them". 

Edited by p_toad

2 hours ago, p_toad said:

Looks a bit like the set i bought long ago (minus the 1/4" impact driver) in the 24V set.   I have had the batteries replaced several times over the years and have used all the tools.   No complaints at all (except for the weight).   Drill is very powerful and hammerdrill function allowed me to put fasteners into block wall without a hitch.   Drill can  put a 1/2: hole right through an 8x8 post (be careful is doesn't rip your hand off).   Overall - I love my Ridgid set and wish they had the brushless and lighter batteries back when.   I would buy it all over again if this set disappeared (and i couldn't track down where it went.  :angry:)

The LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement) applies to the batteries and the tools and you have to (1) register them when new and (2) re-register when anything is replaced (batteries in my case).   No hassle at all and I don't even have to take them to HD any more...just call the 800 number and let them know.   When the new replacements arrive, call the 800 number (or you can go online) to register them.   When i asked about the old batteries they said, "just recycle them". 

That is all good to know, These also have the lifetime repair and replace, will have to make sure I follow thru.

Herb

Be sure to go through the registration process...I guess i did think it was a hassle, at least compared to other warranties. You need to submit the serial number of each piece in the set (including charger and batteries) and then wait for the approval notice to come back; and keep track of all of it,. That said, I can see why they do that and also believe it to be well worth it.m Looking forward to your assessment of the package.

21 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Personally, I have no need for the circ saw or the recip, and I have the other stuff...the reason I wouldn't jump on it.  But that's me as a DIY hobbyist type, pros might want duplicates and some may just be watching for such a package.

I got the Gen5x impact & drill driver set at last year's Black Friday sale.  I think it was on sale for $169.   Since I've had excellent service from both my old 12V that I take on site with me and we have about 8 of the 18V versions at the furniture bank, I decided to keep going with them.  

At the current sale price, that works out to about $50 each for the circular and recip saw and a bit more for the flashlight.    Looks like a deal if you have any use at all.   Working on a shed  in the back of the yard for some reno would make it a buy.