Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ron Dudelston

Friday, April 6, 2018, What's On Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

I'm actually building something... a few cabinets that will form what I have as a desk in the shop. Still moving slowly, all my small tools and stuff are still in the basement, and every time I go to do something there's a tool down there that I think I need. If it ever dries up enough I'll get all that stuff moved to the shop.

Ron I do not envy you the job but it does look like you have some active helpers. Still at son's but my DIL has more ideas of what I need to make for her store so ordered some bottle openers and stoppers to make when I get home. Also found some color ply utensils she wants me to try. That stuff is expensive. I looked at the prices and 2x2x10 is $10.

my usual...

but no Gummy Bears...

Meeting my brother for lunch later...maybe some rust hunting & a trip by H-F. Tonight, oldest grandson's much anticipated Pinewood Derby Run-Off:P

Saturday, keep head low, stay out of direct line of sight as the oldest grand-daughter, her mother & grandmother prepare for her first prom. It may be a day to don the Carhart's and just sit in a bitter cold garage for safety's sake:ph34r:

Little else to report...

The Boss needs to go to a viewing at a Funeral Home, this morning.    After that?    I haven't been informed...yet.

Trash bags have made it to the shop....fun may be getting the full ones out of the shop....

34 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

her mother & grandmother prepare for her first prom

That's a good move.   I think i went "dress shopping" with at least two of mine (multiple times, apparently i didn't learn the first time).  :lol:

7 minutes ago, p_toad said:

That's a good move.   I think i went "dress shopping" with at least two of mine (multiple times, apparently i didn't learn the first time).  :lol:

could be worse -- wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, cakes, caterers, etc.

Organize and store all of my "staged" hardware in the hardware cabinet, continue to work on taxes and maybe, just maybe I may be able to get started on my new workbench.

Ron - better thee than me

Me - "Camp Dry"ing our craft show tent and making a "rain bonnet" for it (just in case).  Getting final stuff ready for show next weekend in Perry, GA

SIL is moving from the mesa to be near her daughter in CA. She had been storing an old...very old... walnut dining table. She just brought me four leaves. 3/4"X43"x11 1/2". Some where along the line, they've been stripped of the finish.

I'll go get the rest of the table tomorrow.

The planer sled will be getting a rest. 

9 hours ago, p_toad said:

I only have one word for all that -

elope

I'm thinking of daughters.    Offered a premium to elope.   No one took me up on it.

9 minutes ago, kmealy said:

I'm thinking of daughters.    Offered a premium to elope.   No one took me up on it.

I have three...   so far none have talked about marriage that i know about (or perhaps just haven't listened?)    I feel for you.  :( :o

4 hours of volunteer work at the pistol range:  digging, pouring concrete, finishing concrete, setting posts (6x6).

pistol match tomorrow.

CCW requalification sunday (easy test).

monday:  start office demolition - take out sink and cabinet.

Hardware cabinet update - bins in the drawers, some loaded. No labels yet, waiting to see how things "work" before I put the labels on.

Workbench update - feet and rails cut to oversize length and planed to thickness. Tomorrow will start the split mortises and work on the legs.