Matag wringer washer

Ron Altier

I remember, pre-grade school, going into the "basement" (you know, that room under part of the house with the dirt floor) to do the laundry. Hers was round, not square, and yes she used solar drying.

I would still prefer to have sheets and towels "solar dried". However, all I ever heard was that they were too stiff, and scratchy! How can you not like that fresh smell that only "solar" drying gives you?

Ron, that quilt is super duper cool. So much talent going on here ,I can't believe it.

My Grandma had a hand crank wringer and my mom had a green porcelain tub electric one ,don't remember the brand. Some neighbors had a gas engine driven washer, a small 2 cycle kick start single cylinder motor.

Also those little 1/4hp washing machine motors powered up lots of other equipment after the washer duty.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=vintage+gasoline+engine+wringer+washers&t=ffsb&atb=v80-5&iax=images&ia=images

Herb