spring is when you start doing something

Smallpatch

You been thinking about all winter. Well for the last 18 winters, this time I actually started to build a concrete step to the shop and take away the covered pallet I have used all that time..I reached down , lifted it up and IMG_0147.JPG.17a9e4a5bdbbf68eccd5100267784099.JPG

He is about a foot long...something to look forward to till winter gets here again....So the forms for the concrete got side lined till I get the shakes under control  and the hair on my arms to lay back down and maybe I can continue...

I finally got him in this plastic bucket so I can show him to the neighbors kids.

40 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

So the forms for the concrete got side lined till I get the shakes under control  and the hair on my arms to lay back down and maybe I can continue...

After an episode like this, I'd just sub the job out Patch. Doesn't Texas have some kinda' Prop Warning for these?:P

32 minutes ago, lew said:

I would have been in the next county!

At least...assuming they were a Rattlesnake-Free county.:lol:

There are four kids next door and when they are chasing a ball in the bushes lots of times if a kid gets bit they might not know it till they are already sick from the bite...And the parents have no clue.

Snakes around here are not aggressive but when cornered and a person hardly ever knows when he gets a snake cornered.......tough luck for our side...

And to think I spent a month last spring cleaning out all that growth along the waters edge.  I think I will look for some of those rubber waders that come up to my ears before I start on it again this year.... Hey, thats where those critters like to stay, down close to the water in those big rocks and under my pallet step.

That was the reason I bought that flame thrower last year but haven't used it yet.....Still trying to get all cleared back a ways so I won't make a mistake and burn up the neighbors!!

Dave there is always another line that goes with subbing things out....Retiring all the way back in 1980 makes a lot of difference how we have to operate in today's economy.

Hey we use to have a three room shack on the other side of the lake some years before we ever moved here... All the kin folks use to use that cabin. That is most of them did until my wifes sister and her husband found a snake in one of the kitchen drawers which I think was still hibernating for it was kinda early that spring.He was fully grown probably cause they said he took up the whole area of that drawer....I told them later it was probably a drawer full of snakes for they like to sleep together in the winter. They said they didn't hang around to do any counting. 

12 hours ago, hatuffej said:

Smallpatch, I hope you gently relocated the buzztail to a safe location. I never kill snakes, often stopping to get them off the road. I used to catch buzzies for milking! 

hat

Same here, Hat. But, I sold them to the University of AZ and let them do the milking. 

32 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Hey I just now realized if we lived in the city in an apartment we would not have to worry about rattle snakes.

So I have thought it over and  will stay with the snakes......

There's snakes in the cities, too. The two legged kind. Wise choice, Jesse.

Archived