Years ago, I made a jig that is much smaller and functions in a similar manner. I cut a 6" x 6" piece of 3/8" plywood and milled 2 slots in it for adjustment to the blade. Then, I cut a 6" piece of oak to fit inside the miter slot flush with the surface of the table. I mounted 2 each 1/4x20 bolts heads down in the oak strip set to match the milled slots, and lock the slotted plywood in place with wing nuts. To use it, I raise the blade to thickness of the stock I intend to strip-cut and set the jig to the left side of the blade for the thickness I want to cut, locking it down with the wing nuts. Then, I slide the jig to the feed front of the saw, set the stock in place against the jig, and move the fence over to it. Lock the fence and cut. Reposition the stock, reposition the fence, cut. I can uniform cut strips 1/32"' thick.

hat 

Edited by hatuffej

55 minutes ago, lew said:

Thanks, Stick! Never heard of those.

they are used to splice Elevator and Conveyor Belting..

the heads are designed to spread torsion over a wider area of the belt and not pull through when lap slicing...

or to attach lift buckets to the belting...

clip two sides straight and you have a world class T bolt..

get the toothed version and set them straight into wood for a no turn application...

need to fix a stripped out carriage bolt.. this is your answer..

wood a soft and the carriage bolts want to pull through... elevator bolts to the rescue...

need to apply more torque w/o damaging your project.. you guessed it...

here the heads are against the belt..

gb_spidex.jpg

toothed (fanged) version... larger bolts have 3 and more fangs...

there are a lot of variations/styles/material/sizes..

Tapco_Bolts_5th_ed.pdf

11102511_hr4c.jpg.f29d35e4904cac4955063fd9b0748064.jpg

Edited by Stick486

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

I only wish my Shopsmith table had the t-track type miter slots. I have to use my long jaw Vice Grips, It is a pain to un clamp and re clamp for each new strip width. And, the table is aluminum, to boot. Can't even rig up a magnetic device.

Throw that old ShopSmith away and go down to Harbor Freight and buy the Industrial model for around $100. with their coupons. :lol::lol: :lol:

Herb