Glue question

RustyFN

57 minutes ago, DRAGON1 said:

construction wood is notorious for not being properly dry. the moisture in the wood actually keeps the glue from being absorbed by the wood grain. pressure treated acts the same with regular glue and that's why they developed gorilla glue cause the stuff actually needs water to help it cure.

Is that that stuff that foams up, I hate that stuff.

Herb

As other have wrote becuase the jointer and planer is producing a glass smooth finish.  Please take 150 paper then sand lightly if that does not break the glaze step down until it breaks.

Then sand in even steps to 150.  At 150 the wood has enough tooth or roughness to bond ot the glue.

Use on KD (Klin Dried) or if as you wrote common construction lumber shold be air dried.  Put them in warm dry place.  Use 1/4" stickers about every 2 ft.  if the width of the stack is more than one board leave 1/4" minimum between the boards.  Let it sit until the mositure evens out and the boards are dry.  That would be normally 3 to 6 weeks.  

On 3/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, Dadio said:

Is that that stuff that foams up, I hate that stuff.

Herb

Me,too.  Cures in the bottle, leaves foam blow out, pushes apart joint unless firmly clamped, no gap filling strength, stains skin, ruins clothing, expensive, long cure time, no known solvent for cured glue(must be sanded or cut out), uncured glue can be wiped off with a solvent (that will damage finish if you are repairing a finished piece).   IMO, only redeeming quality is water resistance.

The bane of my repair business is hearing, "My husband tried to repair this with Gorilla Glue."    Immediately at least doubles the time and effort to do the right thing.