Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Hmm, no CNC activity these days? Are all your CNC machines at a stand still? We were begged to set up a CNC Forum, lets' get this sucker started again folks!:)

I'm kind of in the same boat as John.  Since I started making the Longworth chucks and selling them on Etsy that's all I've been cutting.  Not complaining, mind you!  I've cut one or two other things and actually working on 3 projects that I'll make videos on but they aren't complete.

David

On 3/9/2018 at 11:07 PM, John Morris said:

Hmm, no CNC activity these days? Are all your CNC machines at a stand still? We were begged to set up a CNC Forum, lets' get this sucker started again folks!

Not to rat anyone out, but I've noticed several that were posting in this Forum initially have been active on the Router forum when I occasional lurk on that site. Just an observation.

26 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Not to rat anyone out, but I've noticed several that were posting in this Forum initially have been active on the Router forum when I occasional lurk on that site. Just an observation.

If folks are happy with the router forums, perhaps they could come in here and tell us what we could do to improve their experience here. Obviously something is not working here for them that is working very well in other forums. 

I also blame myself looking back at how I created the CNC Forum, it was in the midst of new joins, and they were excited with the new digs etc. I jumped too quickly to please upon the requests to create a new CNC Forum.

I should have let the honeymoon period expire, and see if our new CNC guests were truly into our community for the long haul. It's not a bad thing, I understand. But I should have waited.

John,

This is a great place.  Unfortunately, the number of TOTAL participants is lacking a little.  The same few have posted pretty regularly  but it seems like we're just talking to ourselves.  I think it's just one of those things that takes time to grow.  The CNC forum doesn't have any fewer posts than the others.  Word just has to get out.

4 hours ago, John Morris said:

I also blame myself looking back at how I created the CNC Forum, it was in the midst of new joins, and they were excited with the new digs etc. I jumped too quickly to please upon the requests to create a new CNC Forum.

I should have let the honeymoon period expire, and see if our new CNC guests were truly into our community for the long haul. It's not a bad thing, I understand. But I should have waited.

And then you wouldn't have gotten what you did.  I thought you overdid it, but what do I know.  You also have to remember that most of the members on the other forum have been there a pretty fair amount of time.  

I didn't even know this place existed til Stick invited me.

I know --- blame Stick!!

We just gotta get the word out more.  The potential is there.

4 minutes ago, Dadio said:

Don't feel bad, John, half of Router Forms response is dumb stuff like word games.

Herb

This is true.

12 minutes ago, honesttjohn said:

This is true.

You noticed too,John, and I might add that RF has a couple of million more subscribers world wide and only about 50 posting and not at the same time.

Also might add there are only a handful Less than 10 is my guess of CNC guys that post on there, with only about 5 regular ones.

Herb

Edited by Dadio

We are working on it gents, thanks for your feedback.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:04 PM, MEBCWD said:

Life goes on!

It does Mike! And you owe no one here an excuse for your absence!:)

Making this forum active is a team effort, it's going to take more than just a couple CNC folks to keep it open, I hope you all help us get the word out, that there is a wonderful woodworking community where the best interest of its members come first and we are ready to work with anyone and their suggestions to improve who we are, and how we function, so get the word out guys, the future of this CNC Forum is on all of us!

Thanks Mike, glad to see you back sir.

My CNC is (not so) busy lately cutting out the parts for another CNC.  I sense it resents doing the work with suspicions of being replaced, but in reality I'm just making a companion for it to keep it company when I'm not home.  ;)     The old Shark that lives in my garage is awaiting warmer days to find something to do.  ;)

4D