Friday, March 9, 2018,What’s on your Patriot Woodworker agenda

As my luck goes, my shop furnace quit working earlier this week. I was out there last Monday and it was working just fine until about noon or so when i noticed it felt a little cooler. The thing went electrically dead. I checked the power source and made sure it was OK, and the transformer in the furnace still hums....but no heat. I'll have to find someone who works on the ceiling hung gas fired units. Anyway, it seems to stay warm enough (middle 40's) that i can continue on getting my DC set up, so I may get some more done on that.

Various transport duties...had the wrong Friday for grandson's Scout meeting it's next Friday; Normal must do daily requirements; remainder TBD...no pictures of that:P

Somber day in our County and throughout Indiana...adjoining County Seat lost a Sheriff's Deputy a week ago today; senselessly shot in the line of duty; he later died from the injuries but continues to live as an organ & tissue donor.  Funeral, Procession, 10-42, EOW, call all has been live televised; Procession is still in route to graveside services and final internment at Crown Hill Cemetery in Indianapolis.

Thank-you for your service and Rest-in-Peace Deputy Jacob Pickett, Boone County, IN Sheriff's Deputy.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2018/03/08/what-we-know-shooting-deputy-jacob-pickett/396811002/

1 hour ago, steven newman said:

Drawer guides ( wooden ones)  are installed, top is out of the clamps.   The Boss is fighting both SSI and the bank about her checks that didn't show up...

Went to the Hospital to take a ride in that oversize dryer thingy..CT Scan.    On the way over there...

5aa3121d892e1_Amishsawmill.jpg.1353a6f13754e3ace08eb5ea02de273e.jpg

Drove past this brand new Amish Saw Mill     They haven't even sided the house, yet...

5aa312808716f_halflogs.jpg.a7a2676d5d0076d145fa4459b22e4325.jpg

Happens when the log is too big for the saw blade...they haul it out here, and hand split it...

Will clean the top of the cupboard, round some corners, and install the top....later.   Then maybe work on a drawer...1/2 blind or through dovetails?

We'll see.    I may find out Monday IF they found anything in the scan....other than cobwebs...

Looks like the house settled a little on one side, Steven. Sure is flat there

Herb