Watching Varnish Dry

Gene Howe

Not really an impelling pastime. Just kicked back and, enjoying the third cup of coffee of the day. Thinking of what can be done without stirring up a lot of dust. Concluded that there's not a lot. Considered a dollop of Irish whisky in the coffee but, that would break my stead fast rule of no alcohol in the shop.:o Besides, we're out of whipped cream. :(

No whipped cream and no finishing room. Oh, woe is me.

Anybody a fan of Scott Grove? He's quite an accomplished Woodworker, inventor and businessman. He asked me (and probably a million other guys) to beta test his new router base. It's a pretty neat piece of very versatile equipment. If you are in to routers, veneering, inlaying, finishing or entrepeneurship, you really should check out his YouTube channel. Just search YouTube for imaginegrove.

I've rambled on enough. Guess I'll go stick a finger in the varnish and, maybe assemble some box clamps. 

Y'all have a great weekend now, ya'heah.

One of the things I lost when I sold my boat was the ability to go out and find a nice piece of ocean with no one else around, and just do nothing. Most of the time I wanted to fish, but every once in a while I just went out there to do nothing. I probably put lines in the water, but not sure there was bait involved. Sounds like you’re doing the woodworking equivalent. The mind needs to be rejuvenated sometimes, too. Peace out :)

4 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Guess I'll go stick a finger in the varnish

Leave the varnish alone if it's not too late...try sticking your finger in the Irish whiskey instead.:lol:

Thanks for the tip on the router base...when you can stir up a little dust, post a pic or two.

Enjoy the rest...you've earned it.

32 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Leave the varnish alone if it's not too late...try sticking your finger in the Irish whiskey instead.:lol:

Thanks for the tip on the router base...when you can stir up a little dust, post a pic or two.

Enjoy the rest...you've earned it.

Dave, I like to think I'm methodical. Phyl says that I'm just slow. Or, alternately, I'm lazy.:wacko: At any rate, it'll be a while till I can play with that base. I'll post my sawdust stirring, then.

To reinforce Phyl's lazy comments, no finger in the whiskey. I'd need to clean my nails first.:lol:

Archived