19 hours ago, Gerald said:

You could do 2 saws with one jig by cutting one side for one and then other side for the second or one side saw and other side router (the more traditional method). As for the clamps they sip easily and you must be careful when using them to keep the contact positive

Thanks for the ideas, Dave and Gerald, but I think this is "confession time".  I had two cutting guides I had made previously, one for a PC saw, and the other for a B&D saw.  Two pieces per guide, 4' and 8'.  Well, a SIL "wannabe" decided either the guides were in his way, or he needed the material for himself.  Can't prove anything, but that is the only thing that makes sense given the circumstances at the time.  Now, I have only one left of the original 4 guide assemblies.  Call it what you will, but I decided I'm not going to make any more panel rip and crosscut guides anytime soon.  That's why I am looking at commercial jigs that are only of use to me.  I think I have decided to go with the Peachtree Pro-Grip system.  It seems that it would fit the way I work more than a track saw.  Thanks, though, for the link. @Gerald, and @Grandpadave52,  I got names mixed up on my response, but the same answer applied to both ideas.  Thanks again everyone.

Edited by PostalTom

13 minutes ago, PostalTom said:

Thanks for the idea Dave, but I think this is "confession time".  I had two cutting guides I had made previously, one for a PC saw, and the other for a B&D saw.  Two pieces per guide, 4' and 8'.  Well, a SIL "wannabe" decided either the guides were in his way, or he needed the material for himself.  Can't prove anything, but that is the only thing that makes sense given the circumstances at the time.  Now, I have only one left of the original 4 guide assemblies.  Call it what you will, but I decided I'm not going to make any more panel rip and crosscut guides anytime soon.  That's why I am looking at commercial jigs that are only of use to me.  I think I have decided to go with the Peachtree Pro-Grip system.  It seems that it would fit the way I work more than a track saw.  Thanks, though, for the link.  Double post.  Sorry.

Edited by PostalTom

1 hour ago, PostalTom said:

Well, a SIL "wannabe" decided either the guides were in his way, or he needed the material for himself.  Can't prove anything, but that is the only thing that makes sense given the circumstances at the time. 

What can you do, right? Take him deep in the woods at night on a camping trip...see if he finds his way back!:lol:

I'll take a look at the Peachtree System too...I haven't seen the Menard's brand track saw yet, but my local stores show they have them in inventory. I'm going to give them a strong look although I really don't need another handheld circular saw either.

7 hours ago, Larry Schweitzer said:

The Menard's saw might be OK but they shouldn't have shown a photo of the clamps!

I have never used a Menards type ,but would seem to me that kind of clamp would hold best. I have used the other types that grip the edges of the plywood and have to resort to c-clamps to hold the straightedge from moving when I am midway into the cut. In fact I have broken some of those cheap plastic thumb clamps.

Herb

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, Stick486 said:

junk..

fragile..

flexes...

clamp slips...

and on and on...

go to Peachtree and get theirs..

https://www.ptreeusa.com/clamp_progrip.htm

I agree that the guide is nice and stiff, but never had any luck with the cam clamp holding. Took it off and junked it, now use the clamps that fit underneath the guide - nice positive clamp.

• 1 year later...