Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
LarryS

Pressure Wahsers

Honda w/ a non Asian pump...

Not much help here Larry. Mine's a smaller electric model 1850 psi...

If budget is not the main factor, then one of the mid-line John Deere's would be my choice...Parts & service availability for years.

https://www.deere.com/en/home-workshop/pressure-washers-transfer-pumps-vacuums/

I bought one that has a Honda engine and a CAT pump. After hearing nothing but horror stories about others, I spent the bucks.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I bought one that has a Honda engine and a CAT pump. After hearing nothing but horror stories about others, I spent the bucks.

good choice..

I have a 20 year old Troy Bilt, w/a 5 hp B&S and a CAT pump. Purrs like a kitten and has never given me a hint of trouble. The pump has been replaced once, and I kept the old one to rebuild. I can't complain about it. However, it is 20 years old and the new ones don't come close in quality.

I have to agree...spend the money and get one with a Honda engine and a CAT w/un-loader valve.

5 hours ago, HandyDan said:

What is your intended use for it?

Power wash the house. And the sheds to get them ready to paint.

I have gray vinyl siding on the house except on the North side of the house it is GREEN:wacko: 

30 minutes ago, LarryS said:

it is GREEN.

Not with envy either I presume?:rolleyes:

You don't want a h whole lot of pressure when doing siding.  Blowing water up behind the siding is not in your best interest.  Smaller electric unit should do for that.

Cleaning the house was a big reason  bought mine, and I agree you can get by with less pressure for vinyl siding, but I was cleaning some brick surfaces. Mine came with 4 nozzles that give you some control over that. I wound up getting a 2800 PSI Simpson from HD (they were actually the cheapest for this model) and it does well. I believe the Generac pumps are US made as well and get fairly high ratings.

8 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Smaller electric unit should do for that.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me but there is something about water mixed with electricity that I'm not real thrilled about? 

I've never seen one in action so I guess that I'm just not sure?

Edited by LarryS

All the ones I've seen have a built in GFCI on the plug, I think you may be worrying about nothing.

We bought a Stanley electric one for washing vinyl siding. Don't get that one. We didn't get half done before it crapped out. Amazon returned our $$ without having to ship it back. 

I see they've changed the color scheme now. Still wouldn't trust it.:wacko:

Its not the pump as much as the soap or detergent that's left in the pump after use.. Just make real sure all of the additives you mixed in are completely removed before storage.....anything aluminum will corrode over and expand where the pump won't turn....

The red Honda motors are the originals and are the best.  The black Honda's are not as good. The smart people running a go cart track used the red Honda's or the Honda's starting with a G.

If you don't consider a washer with a gas Honda motor then go with an electric motored washer... For a home its not too far away that extension cords won't work and with using the gas now a days its an ifify the gas motors will start.

I cleaned my vinyl siding (2nd floor) with a brush on a pole,  bucket of soap and garden hose.    I may have sprayed on some bleach water with a pump sprayer when I was done.

Edited by kmealy

20 minutes ago, kmealy said:

I cleaned my vinyl siding (2nd floor) with a brush on a pole,  bucket of soap and garden house.    I may have sprayed on some bleach water with a pump sprayer when I was done.

the garden hose..

that's the way for vinyl...