Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

Really important,,, money wise

Brother in law died three weeks ago .........HE HAD NO WILL

Now the lady who was married to him, not his original wife,, for the last 4 or 5 years  is having to spend lots and lots of money, to lawyers I might add, to research all kinds of things......like he had three or four previous marriages and kids by three wives.... 

We think by the time they get all of the money they can out of her the will disappear and leave things in a terrible mess only penniless.  

Too bad too for she had the money to start with.....the bad part, she had two previous marriages and should have known how important wills can be!!!!

6 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Ya can't take it with you so, enjoy it now.

I'm working on a plan for that...

image.png.61aef2a4c52c3b9f6738e1079bbd3180.png

Where I'm likely to end up, it'll burn or melt. If I'm lucky enough to go the other way, I won't need it.

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Where I'm likely to end up, it'll burn or melt. If I'm lucky enough to go the other way, I won't need it.

If you’re lucky enough to go to the other place, Will any of your friends be there? LOL I’m likely to be the first person asked to leave (with the big assumption they’d open the gate for me to begin with).

I follow some financial columns and writers.   One has a "letter of the week" type that he opens up to the group's comments, then writes his opinion.   About 80% of them are family discord over assets of a deceased who did not write a will.  It usually involves multiple spouses, step vs. biological children, care-giving vs. estranged children, unmarried partners, intra-family loans and gifts, and family miscreants.   Arguments over a dead person's money is an ugly thing and creates a lot of ill-will.  Lawyers make money this way.

And there is no such thing as dying without a will.   If you have not written one, the state where you live has written one for you.  It's called the laws of intestacy.  If you don't like that one, write your own.   And if you care at all for your family, don't leave them with this mess.

Edited by kmealy

15 minutes ago, kmealy said:

And there is no such thing as dying without a will.   If you have not written one, the state where you live has written one for you.  It's called the laws of intestacy.  If you don't like that one, write your own.   And if you care at all for your family, don't leave them with this mess.

ABSOLUTELY!! Avoid probate at all cost.

Edited by Gene Howe

On 2/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, kmealy said:

Arguments over a dead person's money is an ugly thing and creates a lot of ill-will. 

And never, EVER, think; "Oh, it won't happen in MY family!"  BTDT. :(

John