Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lew

Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners February 7, 2018

Rate this topic

I do enjoy these recaps. I would LOVE to have one of those EWT chucks. They look awesome.

Steve

Lew, nice job with the sander...now that I know what it is. :lol:

And, the alternative use for a router bit was quite ingenious. Opens up some intriguing possibilities. Wonder what an ogee would do?:lol:

@Steve Krumanaker Thank you. I am hoping folks don't get fed up with the recaps. I think it is important to give our turners the recognition they deserve.  A long time ago, before Easy Wood Tools was sold to Pony, some of the turners here had the opportunity to test drive many of the Easy Wood Tools- including their chuck. It has the fit and finish of a fine swiss watch. I think it has to be the best chuck on the market.

@Gerald Thanks!

@HandyDan Thank You! I think those candle holders would make nice Christmas presents.

@Gene Howe  Thanks! I tried the sander today on a small holly bowl. It works pretty good. BTW, I got my order of Manzanita today- ordered it Monday!

26 minutes ago, lew said:

I am hoping folks don't get fed up with the recaps.

What!!!!! Let me at em!!! Heck no Lew, your weekly topic is the bomb man!

20 minutes ago, John Morris said:

What!!!!! Let me at em!!! Heck no Lew, your weekly topic is the bomb man!

Lew is doing a great job, I an not a turner, but love what those guys do.  Keep it up ,Lew, You are doing a a splendid jon on this thread.

Herb

3 hours ago, lew said:

I am hoping folks don't get fed up with the recaps. I think it is important to give our turners the recognition they deserve.

Not a chance. I don't turn, but sometimes imagine it just through all you guys do. I personally enjoy and look forward to the weekly recaps...sometimes I missed a lesson.

Agreed, giving those who contribute so much to this forum an additional kudos is important. I've learned a lot from each of them (you)...some of it I can actually use in woodworking:P

Keep up the good work Lew. It's GREATLY appreciated!

Edit add: BTW, not by my choice, but keep your shovel handy...we're sending some more nasty stuff to you in a couple days.

Edited by Grandpadave52

@John Morris @Dadio @Grandpadave52 Thank You! I appreciate the input and the support!  And, @Grandpadave52 hope it is all snow this time, that sleet and ice is tough shoveling!

2 minutes ago, lew said:

And, @Grandpadave52 hope it is all snow this time, that sleet and ice is tough shoveling!

Wish I could promise you that Lew, but from our forecast, doesn't look good. You'll likely get snow first, followed by the iconic Indiana "wintery mix.":blink: