MWTCA February 2018 "What's It" Project

p_toad

We have a 1 year MWTCA Membership winner!

An acceptable answer was not provided this month. So to a random draw we went as we awarded the 1 year MWTCA Membership.

The winner

We'd like to announce @steamshovel as our random draw winner for the month February 2018 "What's It". Steamshovel's name was drawn from our official TPW ball cap of the contributors who participated in "MWTCA's What's It" for the month of February!

Congrats Steamshovel!!

Contact

Steamshovel, please PM me with your shipping address, phone number, and spouse (or significant other) name and we'll get an MWTCA membership out to you asap, along with all the benefits of being a member of this great organization.

Thank you all for your participation!

Submitted answer followup

@schnewj gave it an All Star effort in his research and follow-up with the professionals in his suggested use industry for this months What's It, but unfortunately it was not enough to convince the folks at MWTCA that this tool had a job in the canning and or upholstery art. I'd like to thank Bill for his strong effort and exposing the real possibility that this just may be what he suggests it is, because of Bills great research work he has landed a 1 year print subscription to Woodcraft Magazine for his efforts!

Bill, please pm me your shipping address so we can get a great magazine out to you asap!

Caning or upholstery tools do seem to be a good answer and may very well be correct, but I don't think we can call it solved since we don't have a solid reference.

I'll pass this answer along to the owner of the tools, I'm sure he will be interested to hear this theory of their use. In cases like this, it might be good to declare the leading suggestion as "best theory,"

Rob Hartman

What's It Committee Chair, MWTCA

1 hour ago, Cal said:

John, is there a way to set up a pic gallery, with appropriate link to the original thread?

I wanted to show my electrician BIL the tool from a few months back.  It took me quite a bit to find it, and it was a fairly recent tool also.  If there was a gallery which showed them, we might also get a good response from new members or visitors who might happen by searching for old tools.

How is this Cal? I just added images to our 2018 winners directory, if this is sufficient, I can backtrack to the 2017 directory and install the images in that table as well. If you have another suggestion I am open.

2 hours ago, John Morris said:

How is this Cal? I just added images to our 2018 winners directory, if this is sufficient, I can backtrack to the 2017 directory and install the images in that table as well. If you have another suggestion I am open.

Hey John, it took me a couple minutes to find it, but that is great!  Who knows, perhaps some of our regular rust hunters will stumble upon something in their hunts.

1 minute ago, Cal said:

Hey John, it took me a couple minutes to find it, but that is great!  Who knows, perhaps some of our regular rust hunters will stumble upon something in their hunts.

Cal, how did it take ya a couple minutes to find it? I linked ya right to it! :lol: