Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Fred Wilson

Unique Scrolled Clock Plans

Rate this topic

Don't know how many of us make clocks (big and small).  I'm always looking for unique plans that I haven't seen before.  Stumbled upon this site and marveled at the uniqueness of the clocks.

Boyer clocks

If anyone has other sites with unique clock patterns would you share them?  Thanks, guys, and keep the sawdust flying

fred

Fred I just ordered this one about two weeks ago and I would like to make a suggestion .....For anyone using plans don't ever use the original set of plans... If a person does not have a printer at home then take the plans to a office supply and get a few sets made. I like to have 3 or 4 sets extra.... And especially this type of plans one can make a mistake with the scroll saw and ruin the only plan of the wheel or sprocket or what ever and then he is screwed..

I have found over the years stay with one printing machine for a whole set of plans.. Don't ever use two different printers on the same set of plans.....

These types of clocks have to have precision cutting so it is important to get more printed copies of the important sections that will takes lots of nerve racking patience.

And before any sprockets or wheels are cut out, a good going over of the saw and get it into good blade alignment before starting.

With the extra sets of plans for later down the line someone will want a clock made like that so there is no reason to have to order another set or two of the same plans... 

Also if a person has only used spiral blades then don't waste your money on this type of clock plans unless you only want a clock hanging on the wall that don't work...IMG_9876.JPG.bf97c778c6276193b8882a1589a7faa0.JPG

Patch, great information.  A lot of us forget to share their experiences.  Will be looking forward to seeing your progress making this clock.

On 2/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, Gene Howe said:

A plethora of amazementness. 

I have NO idea what he said, but I fully agree! WOW!

John