Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Friday, February 2, 2018, What’s On Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, It Was Al B said:

Sounds like a streak of really bad luck:(

Not for the winner:P M&M's with peanuts have to be kept under lock & key around here. :lol:

16 minutes ago, DAB said:

i only know 3 of the 8 pics.

(hides head in shame)

You beat me! :blush:

John

13 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said:

I spent the day bouncing from project to project.  The most important project was to "carve" a plaque for the front of our communion table at church.  The table had, "Do this in Remembrance" on the front but our Senior Pastor wanted to add the words, "UNTIL HE COMES ..." on the back of the table.  The table has a 5" skirt around the top and is part of the table.  None of the woodworkers in the church had a router template acceptable to rout the letters so I put the Carvewright to the test.  I laminated a piece of white oak over a piece of walnut and planed the oak to about 1/8" while planing the whole piece to 1/2"  The letters are carved in to a depth of 1/4" so there is a shadowing effect.  After I do a trial fit, I'll rout the edge with a 5/32" Roman Ogee bit which will add to the 3D effect.  The skirt is 54" long so I'll cut the plaque to 34" and enter it on the table and screw it on from the back of the skirt.  Oh yeah, I glued up 11 cutting boards and put three folding wine tables together also.  Good day!

Communion 1.jpgcommunion 2.jpg

Sign is looking great,Ron, you are a busy and very productive guy, do you ever sleep?  :)

Herb

Have started swapping out all the door knobs and door hinges in our home.   Seems the preference is now oil rubbed bronze in place of the shinny gold we have today.    All in prep for putting the place up for sale in a year or so.   Hope to get some shop time if it warms up enough.    Oh yeah, hear there is a football game on Sunday as well.

35 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Hey @Ron Dudelston, neat signs. A new profit center?

Never can tell.  This was a freebie. 

1 hour ago, Dadio said:

Sign is looking great,Ron, you are a busy and very productive guy, do you ever sleep?  :)

Herb

Not enough Herb.   

4 minutes ago, Ron Dudelston said:

Not enough Herb.   

Yeah, it's probably all that traffic noise, right?:lol::lol:

37 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Yeah, it's probably all that traffic noise, right?:lol::lol:

I can tell that you've been to my house.   Just last week a car went by.  

We got two yesterday. If it gets worse, I'm gonna ask the county to put in a traffic light.