Friday, February 2, 2018, What’s On Your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

John Morris

13 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said:

I spent the day bouncing from project to project.  The most important project was to "carve" a plaque for the front of our communion table at church.  The table had, "Do this in Remembrance" on the front but our Senior Pastor wanted to add the words, "UNTIL HE COMES ..." on the back of the table.  The table has a 5" skirt around the top and is part of the table.  None of the woodworkers in the church had a router template acceptable to rout the letters so I put the Carvewright to the test.  I laminated a piece of white oak over a piece of walnut and planed the oak to about 1/8" while planing the whole piece to 1/2"  The letters are carved in to a depth of 1/4" so there is a shadowing effect.  After I do a trial fit, I'll rout the edge with a 5/32" Roman Ogee bit which will add to the 3D effect.  The skirt is 54" long so I'll cut the plaque to 34" and enter it on the table and screw it on from the back of the skirt.  Oh yeah, I glued up 11 cutting boards and put three folding wine tables together also.  Good day!

Communion 1.jpgcommunion 2.jpg

Sign is looking great,Ron, you are a busy and very productive guy, do you ever sleep?  :)

Herb

Have started swapping out all the door knobs and door hinges in our home.   Seems the preference is now oil rubbed bronze in place of the shinny gold we have today.    All in prep for putting the place up for sale in a year or so.   Hope to get some shop time if it warms up enough.    Oh yeah, hear there is a football game on Sunday as well.