Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! January 29th, 2018

Rate this topic

Did a little clean-up in the garage Saturday; finally put the battery charger and 50' extension cord back in place from excessive use earlier in the month; Bad decision. Noticed the truck Voltmeter was flat-lined while driving home from church yesterday...so drug out cord, charger and hooked to truck while I R&R'd and chased down an alternator; Advance Auto/CarQuest saved the day...kept the streak alive for 2018 with some type of failure each weekend/week.

Swim sectional prelims, Thursday night, finals Saturday afternoon. Step-father's 91st birthday on Tuesday; youngest grandson has 102o fever this AM; Dr appt. in the works...worried he might have the flu this time. Winter weather returns later in the week so shop time has been canceled until further notice...

Since it's Monday, I think I'm going to call in sick today...severe case of Mood Poisoning.

3 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Since it's Monday, I think I'm going to call in sick today...severe case of Mood Poisoning.

8 more years, I can do that too!

Keep us up to date on the Grand please, that's some dangerous stuff this year Gramps.

15 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Keep us up to date on the Grand please, that's some dangerous stuff this year Gramps.

Thanks John. Just off the phone with Dr. Office; Appointment at 10:30A.

19 minutes ago, John Morris said:

8 more years, I can do that too!

Only 418 Mondays left (accounting for leap years)..

Just around the corner...be here before you know it

How old will that make me? :P

Grandpawdave that reminds me when I started a shot timers calender while in the army. I was only in for about two months of my 2 year hitch when I started it. I had to take it down and hide it for each Saturdays inspection.

The lumber yard ran my pockets, but it was well worth it boys! Milled up 6 & 8 quarter teak  I ordered forever ago.

image.jpeg

I finally got the table saw put together. I was really tempted to run something through it, but I am going to wait to get the DC hooked up. I also started on the under table cabinet for my TS storage- mainly fitting and figuring how big I can make it. I still need to re-arrange the tools on the wall. Busy week at work so I may not get much shop time in this week, but we will have to see what happens. 

6 hours ago, Dane Franco said:

The lumber yard ran my pockets, but it was well worth it boys! Milled up 6 & 8 quarter teak  I ordered forever ago.

image.jpeg

Sort of like milling gold bars!:blink:

8 hours ago, John Morris said:

Keep us up to date on the Grand please,

Good news is he does not have the flu...bad news, he has strep throat...

Antibiotics, Root Beer Popsicles plus the sucker from the doctor's office is easing his plight:P

He wasn't happy the Doctor was out of both blue & red suckers although that was offset by not going to Daycare.:D

4 minutes ago, Dane Franco said:

Rough cut it was $16/BF

image.png.a558919efc47d1140981bf902d26f49f.png

Arizona prices for Teak. OMG!

Teak 8/4 Lumber 
Random Widths, Random Lengths

$44.99 /Board Feet

1-99$44.99 /Bd. Ft.

100-999$33.74 /Bd. Ft. (25% off)

1000+$30.14 /Bd. Ft. (33% off)

Morning...about says it all

Errands to run...Check on Mom ( at the rehab center, since she broke an arm over the weekend) Snowing outside....going to be on of "those" days...

Good afternoon all, unfortunately I'm back in the hospital again. I do not know how long I'll be here this time but it's looking like right at a week. I'll keep you posted.