Working with scroll saw patterns

DerBengel

Read this article:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/internet-nightmare-att-sells-broadband-to-your-neighbors-but-not-to-you/

It says they are being quite literal when they say they do not have enough for everyone. And it is a special box and it is FO.

https://forums.att.com/t5/2014-Archive/DSL-without-home-phone-incorrect-information/td-p/2662215

And here's some people griping about naked DSL service on AT&T's website.

I dunno man! Still sounds like I am outta luck...

2 hours ago, DerBengel said:

I am going to try to use this in speaking to AT&T again.

hold their feet to the fire...

and Century link...

Are you sure the town you live didn't get FO installed?

you can't be serious.. FO here...

dog_laughing.gif.3dddb7b63bbbc2c87e4aac02c5ffb608.gif 

I live something like 48 miles from town and 75 miles from the city...

Okay, I know what a J Box is, but what is a D box?

J box is on the house..

D (distribution) boxes are out on the curb...

Man, get over here on Monday and make the phone call for me!!! hahaha

you want that to happen???

Well, I know back in 2010 or so, they finally put up some updated technology for rural areas to get DSL in central Illinois. One of the recipients was a computer teacher who was still on dial-up at home. That was kinda funny!

Ah okay, yeah from what that article said they had to do some bypass to get the technology so you could even get DSL...

Would be nice! hahaha I haven't been getting anywhere for the last 10-12 years. I call AT&T EVERY year, even e-mail them. They just sent me a promotion through the mail and so I called them and asked if this meant they finally got to my neighborhood, they said no, it was just because I contacted them in the past but nothing has changed-that was in January.

By the way, as I said, I will be calling Rise, Century, Frontier, maybe even Earthlink...however, you have to remember, all those sub companies, including MTCO, rent main company lines. MTCO rents the AT&T lines in central Illinois so that the smaller towns/cities can have internet service. So, if AT&T didn't do the work, the other companies aren't going to budge, either.

Edited by DerBengel

AT&T here sucks... they're avoided like the plague...

ComCrap is the big player and thinks it can dictate to everybody and everybody.. we are in control mind set...

if a plan ''C'' can be had, that's what most here do...

FWIW.. Rise BB just decided to pull out in some areas and dropped customers like a hot rock...

It was an uphill battle for sure, but cable is finally willing to work with me!

I got a new mask but unsure if it is going to be much better, but they finally agreed I could give it a try and if not, we'll try another.

Got a stupid migraine, pretty sure it's from lack of sleep. So, I am out from in front of the computer to relax in a semi-dark room and watch a movie and then off to bed, I HOPE! lol

See, someone decided to quit being nice and make a killing. If you remember when cell phones first came out, it was very expensive, then they FINALLY started making reasonable plans. Then internet was not very cheap, but doable. Then they finally moved to DSL and after a while, you could get that for $20/month. Then they decided to push HD and Fiber Optics everywhere so most anybody could get on it. Then they finally started hitting the rural areas. Then all of a sudden, they don't have enough for everyone, or cable starts monopolizing...but no matter what, they started raising prices again, and now it seems there is no end to it.

This package I got last year, that they threatened to raise prices...well, It went up to $71, BUT January or March, not sure the official date, the exact same package is going to be $91 plus tax. They flat out said it's going up $20 to average customers and I saw evidence of this somewhere. So, I am getting it $30 cheaper than more recurring customers. And it's not even worth that much! It's limited basic cable, hbo or sho, streampix, faster internet. Remove the premium channel, streampix, go back to normal speed and charge $40-50. Offer the 2nd step up in internet speed for $35-$40. No.

Oh well, I am not saving any extra money a month, but at least I am still status quo. I think the reason they raised it for this year, is because of cost of living increase for some of us, plus the lowered tax breaks. They think they know they can get their cut.

Edited by DerBengel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After about 2 weeks of fighting with Xfinity/Comcast, I got $29.99/mo for 1 year internet only! YES!!!

Still not totally used to my CPAP machine, but getting there. Oh yeah!  Shoes are more broken in now and with adjustments they are doing okay.

Tons of migraines, usual quarterly exacerbation with health, sick from a restaurant for about 3 weeks...finally that's over for a while.

And the worst new news: I won the Full Scholarship after doing that 3-month challenge. SO, I am going to be in over my head until October 24th!!!

It's immersion method of teaching. So, I watch videos, read pages of text, do quizzes and then have to scour the internet on how to do all they talked about. I do this ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Then I go to the store once or twice a month...

But like I told Toad, if I am putting in all the blood, sweat and tears for this class, I have to stick it through because I want that Certificate at the end!!!

DOGGONE IT! haha

I can show you some of it. I only have my 3 labs and mockup portfolio up from Phase II. Oh wait! I can put my 3 projects from Phase I up there as well. They are small projects but still showed the skills of coding! :D

And starting today, it's going to get REALLY hard in class, because not only are they showing us JS, but they are basically doing a crash course on several avenues of JS. So, just when you "think" you learned something, they are going to stop that and throw the next one at you...this is gonna suck!

I am unsure if you guys have worked with GitHub? Well, just in case you haven't I will give a quick explanation how to see my work:

Go to Git Preview

Then open a second tab/window and click on Some of my new homework

Click into a project folder and when you see the .html file, click it open. Copy the URL in the addy box and paste it in the box on Git Preview and it will show it to you as an actual webpage. You can do that in each folder as they are all different.

Don't bother with Part 1 and 2 because Part 3 is 1, 2, and 3 combined.

And the trick of Part 3 is resize the browser window. You will see it as a full computer size, then scale it down to be the size of an iPad and then scale it down the size of a smaller smartphone. You will see the columns move around,  the menu will disappear and show you a hamburger to click, and everything goes to a column for scrolling on a smart phone. Even the game scores columns will change!

On the Portfolio, you will see the images moving around also.

Trading card and article are just to look at.

Pixel Art Maker passed the criteria, but I want to add some more functionality to it in the future, like erase and a few other things. I did get smart and limit the number of boxes a person could make cause I am sure some would try to do 1,000 x 1,000 grid or something. hahaha But you can set the grid and paint a picture at the moment, just don't make a mistake or you will have to start all over! ha ha

Okay, double checking, I think I have everything set up correctly...if not, please let me know if you run into a problem.

P.S. Part 3 is a mockup so nothing is really clickable.

Edited by DerBengel
P.S.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW - we really got off topic in this thread.  Title is "working with scroll saw patterns".  How did we end up with donuts ? ? ? ?  :huh:

I think this thread has gone on long enough.  No more posts unless it is ON TOPIC.  Thanks

Edited by Fred Wilson