Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Looking through Rocklers sale items they have their PK pin nailer # pin100 on sale. It sure has been a pleasure to use the one I have and the holes are almost invisible. Sometimes I don't even worry to fill them..

Thinking out loud.

I use an air regulator for I have different brands for all sizes nails and brads.

Posts like this make me and probably others wonder how many members are here just because they are on a retailers payroll, or have some connection to them. 

Edited by CharlieL

Thats Cal, I needed that... Charlie my boy I retired in 1980 I'm 82 and don't really give a rats arse what you think.

I think the world of my 23 gage nailer for it has really helped  these old knuckles for Ican't hold the small brads that I use to use and the 23 gage machine has taken the place of. 

Thanks for posting Jess. It is always nice when someone sees a useful tool, which is being offered at a reduced price, and brings it to others attention. I have gotten more then one tool or accessory at a sale price because members on a forum post the information. I may or may not see the ad or a flier, so, the information is always welcome.

As an observation, shilling comes in many forms. No matter what the form, it usually, directly, benefits the person doing the shilling. I seriously doubt if you are getting a kickback from Rockler.

I met Norton Rockler once. I'd venture that darned few people get a kick back from that company.

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

and don't really give a rats arse what you think

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Now, also speaking only for myself - CharlieL, this is a strictly voluntary site to visit and participate on.  If you really do not like being here, and feel that everyone is out to take advantage of you, why do you keep returning?

image.png.3628e5d3bfe12068a08c55e1a692d634.png

10 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

Looking through Rocklers sale items they have their PK pin nailer # pin100 on sale. It sure has been a pleasure to use the one I have and the holes are almost invisible. Sometimes I don't even worry to fill them..

I just now opened that Rockler Sales flyer email. When I clicked on the link which takes you to the description page, it now shows No Longer Available. Apparently a limited number and a form of an on-line Flash Sale???

I was lucky enough to score one of these some time back at our local Pawn Store...Like new, in the case with book, tool set, etc. They had $35 on it...bought it for $30 plus tax. I thought it was screwed up until I figured out air-pressure is critical. Once I set the regulator down it worked perfectly. Great tool.

I know I'll take a beating for this but oh well, takes the heat off someone else.:P A year or so before I found the PC, I bought the H-F 23 ga. pin nailer...had a coupon and think I gave $14.99 plus tax for it. It does an equally nice job...maybe leave a bit more of hole opening but it was $15...never, ever has mis-fired as long as the air pressure is properly regulated. I usually forget to turn pressure down but eventually remember.

Yes and with the 1/2" long pin it will go through what a person is trying to hold together if he don't cut that air way down..

The price I paid for those 2 angle air grinders two or three week ago if they only last a year or so they will be worth the price..

Someone told me once if you buy that very high priced air nailer it already has a built in regulator and you won't have to spend extra for  the regulator.. Yep your right but for the price different I paid, I can buy 25 air regulators..

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

Yes and with the 1/2" long pin it will go through what a person is trying to hold together if he don't cut that air way down..

So you've done it too...guess I'm in good company then.:P

I use the H-F 3 gal pancake compressor on this and other finish nailers. I've even used it with It with my framing nailer and roofing nailer. Works great with them all. I bought it over 8 years ago.

It has a built in regulator which is pretty darn accurate. 

It does not have a built in reminder to use it though.:lol: