Looking through Rocklers sale items they have their PK pin nailer # pin100 on sale. It sure has been a pleasure to use the one I have and the holes are almost invisible. Sometimes I don't even worry to fill them..

Thinking out loud.

I use an air regulator for I have different brands for all sizes nails and brads.

10 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

Looking through Rocklers sale items they have their PK pin nailer # pin100 on sale. It sure has been a pleasure to use the one I have and the holes are almost invisible. Sometimes I don't even worry to fill them..

I just now opened that Rockler Sales flyer email. When I clicked on the link which takes you to the description page, it now shows No Longer Available. Apparently a limited number and a form of an on-line Flash Sale???

I was lucky enough to score one of these some time back at our local Pawn Store...Like new, in the case with book, tool set, etc. They had $35 on it...bought it for $30 plus tax. I thought it was screwed up until I figured out air-pressure is critical. Once I set the regulator down it worked perfectly. Great tool.

I know I'll take a beating for this but oh well, takes the heat off someone else.:P A year or so before I found the PC, I bought the H-F 23 ga. pin nailer...had a coupon and think I gave $14.99 plus tax for it. It does an equally nice job...maybe leave a bit more of hole opening but it was $15...never, ever has mis-fired as long as the air pressure is properly regulated. I usually forget to turn pressure down but eventually remember.

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

Yes and with the 1/2" long pin it will go through what a person is trying to hold together if he don't cut that air way down..

So you've done it too...guess I'm in good company then.:P

I use the H-F 3 gal pancake compressor on this and other finish nailers. I've even used it with It with my framing nailer and roofing nailer. Works great with them all. I bought it over 8 years ago.

It has a built in regulator which is pretty darn accurate. 

It does not have a built in reminder to use it though.:lol:

On 1/13/2018 at 8:12 PM, Grandpadave52 said:

I know I'll take a beating for this but oh well, takes the heat off someone else.:P A year or so before I found the PC, I bought the H-F 23 ga. pin nailer...had a coupon and think I gave $14.99 plus tax for it. It does an equally nice job...maybe leave a bit more of hole opening but it was $15...never, ever has mis-fired as long as the air pressure is properly regulated. I usually forget to turn pressure down but eventually remember.

I'll take some heat, also. I picked one up just to see how it would do. It works fine for what it is, but I don't use the HF pins in it...do yourself a favor and buy a different brand. If and when it bites the dust then I'll just file it in the round cabinet. Until then I'll use it for small part glue-ups.

15 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

why are you so angry Charlie...

16 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

Posts like this make me and probably others wonder how many members are here just because they are on a retailers payroll, or have some connection to them

I'd entertain an offer. :lol: