Well I lied about what I used to make the chess pieces.. and it sounded like the writer did not believe me.IMG_9773.JPG.dacee87a452ebd72603a0e27eb20ab4a.JPGI

I actually used 4 things. The hack saw blades are my go to things when laying out distances on the wood and getting real close to cleaning up wood next to something.

And yes in the last 30 years or so to make these these tea pots are the only time I turned the lathe on.

I made 7 or 8 tea pots a few years a go using these same tools but none of the lids are made to come off and I have not done any turning inside of anything...I know my limits with the tools I have. I use the Legacy Mill for the fancy cuts on the outside. I use special attachments on each end of the wood so I can take the wood out of the lathe,  and insert it in the Legacy, do my cuts there, then return it back to the lathe if I need to more cutting there with out loosing dead center on the wood on either machine.  So the pieces on the end of the wood are what enables me to do what I do using the lathe...

The problem with a limited number to lathe tools is I took from 4 that afternoon till almost 9 that night making those two chess pieces...5a5784ea1c042_adaptersforLegacyandlathe004.JPG.015979b3f8f9aacd9356f946e9704fde.JPG

6 teapots 001.JPG