Friday, January 5 , 2018, What’s on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

January 2018..... Who'da thunk it?   Many years ago, my wife's great grandmother told us to enjoy our lives while we're young because they fly by quickly.  We thought she was crazy but she was right as rain.  Like many parts of the nation we have been sub-zero  for much of the week.  One night was 12 below zero with a nice stiff wind.  Luckily, my shop is well insulated and heated.  Allen Worsham got a taste of Tennessee winters this week and managed to snag the flu while they were visiting.  I spoke with Larry Buskirk today (he said "HI" to everyone) and he said the temps in Wisconsin were nasty.

Enough of the weather.  After a couple of weeks off I'm back in the shop building a pair of cherry bookcases for a customer.  I had a friend drop off a never used Carvewright CNC router to learn but that's a week or so away.  Tomorrow, my son and daughter and I am going to a large genealogical library in Ft Wayne, Indiana as we continue to search our family tree.  This has been an ongoing project of mine for nearly 40 years and now that I have my kids interested, the search is more fun.  That's my short term plan.  What's on your weekend agenda, fellow Patriot Woodworkers?

13 hours ago, Chips N Dust said:

My wife and I are having "Christmas" with my family since we had her family at our place on Christmas. As for the weather, it warmed up out of the 40's and is nearing 60 today. Still near freezing at night. I will take our HOT summers over the cold everyone else is getting right now.

Right on, Kelly!!

Winter has been mild...so far... here on the mesa. But, even mild means cold. It's just inconveniently uncomfortable. This too shall pass...not any too soon either.

Looking forward to a live edge river table build. And doing some experimenting with the laser. The shop is heated. It's that 20 foot trek from the house to the shop that's a bear. :lol:

Edited by Gene Howe

13 hours ago, John Morris said:

Just general clean up Ron. Honey Do's. It's about a high of mid 70's this weekend so I don't get to make the "Cold Weather" excuses that the rest of ya'll get to make for staying in.:lol: I admire you midwest and east coast folks who actually get to hibernate for the winter, us south west folks have to work year round non stop on our yards and shops and home exteriors.

B

Last night around sunset, I caught em both walking back to the stables. She had been riding him saddled for about a good hour, he's developed a good layer of sweat and she pulled the saddle and "hot walked" him for a few minutes to cool him down thus why no saddle in this pic.

So dad got's "hang out with daughter" duty today at her riding session, and I'll be cleaning up the landscape around our home, when I get back, and tomorrow we rest.

We hope you all have a great weekend and be safe, specially those in cold country, that stuff is serious!

Dad need to get some waterproof on dem boots so the patties don't do damage. You know you could move to the mountains and ski instead of mow.  :lol::D:P