Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

MWTCA January 2018 "What's It" Project

Rate this topic

Maybe for use with a Halyard?    Old time Squid Tool.    One end of a line is fixed to a point,  then the "running end passes through the dowels/pins/guides, around both sheaves, and through the other guide pins.   By pulling the handle down towards you, you raise a point up.    Like a small davit/crane.  Running line goes up into the required pulleys to help with the lifting.   There may have been a latch/loop to secure the tool in place. 

7 hours ago, Dadio said:

I had a chainsaw one time I could have used one on to start it.:P

Herb

So, you had a McCulloch, too!

1 hour ago, schnewj said:

Darn, Bill..... you beat me to it! :D

John

I worked for a couple of brothers that had a logging operation when I was in High School. I used a commercial Homelite when I bucked and ran clean-up and it was a good saw. Heavy, but it never failed to run. Now the Homelite yard equipment is another story...I refused to buy any Homelite with a small gas engine on it.

On 1/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, schnewj said:

Still do.   It was always a bear to start, but usually a shot of ether would wake it up.   Cut like a champ once it got started; wouldn't stop for anything but the brake or out of gas.  :P

6 minutes ago, p_toad said:

Still do.   It was always a bear to start, but usually a shot of ether would wake it up.   Cut like a champ once it got started; wouldn't stop for anything but the brake or out of gas.  :P

That is an understatement! Never had to resort to ether, but it was a bear. Once you learned what it wanted it was easy. Ours didn't like being flooded. Like I said, two pushes of the primer, lock the choke and two or three pulls later it fired right up. Don't give it three priming pumps or it was flooded and you had to wait for it to clear.

That saw was darn near indestructible and HEAVY.

We have a 1 year MWTCA Membership winner!

An acceptable answer with references was not provided this month. So to a random draw we went as we awarded the 1 year MWTCA Membership.

Winner

We'd like to announce @schnewj as our random winner for the month of our first 2018 Janurary "What's It". Bill's name was drawn from our official TPW ball cap of the contributors who participated in MWTCA's What's It for the month of January!

Congrats Bill!!

Contact

Bill, please PM me with your shipping address, phone number, and spouses name (if applicable) and we'll get an MWTCA membership out to you asap, along with all the benefits of being a member of this great organization.

Thank you all for your participation!

well done...

step up to the podium there Mr. Schnooge...

you earned it..

28 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Bill, please PM me with your shipping address, phone number, and spouses name...

you forgot to ask for his CC and bank account numbers...

Just now, Stick486 said:

you forgot to ask for his CC and bank account numbers...

and SS number!

2 minutes ago, John Morris said:

and SS number!

might as well get his passwords to every thing too while yur at it...

5 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

might as well get his passwords to every thing too while yur at it...

Stick, do I detect some resentment towards the request for basic information in order to send a prize to a Patriot Woodworker?