Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ksvet06

Pig feeder plans

Rate this topic

Good evening group. I'm curious if anyone has built or has plans for a pig feeder. 

Thanks

I believe your search engine is your friend for this one...

Thanks mr. Sticks. 0 results. I'll do more research and post one up if I find a good plan. 

Lew, yes the self feeding. Out of wood and I'll paint to help weatherization of it. Thank you for the tip on pintress didn't think of that site lol

1 hour ago, Ksvet06 said:

Thanks mr. Sticks. 0 results. I'll do more research and post one up if I find a good plan. 

here's some....

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pig+feeding+troughs&t=ffsb&atb=v96-4_f&ia=web

I went in to a feed store and asked if I could get the measurement off their feeders they had for sale. Sure, get after it.... 

They were truly happy for me to want to build my own. Some years ago but hey....

There are a few ways to keep water from running inside the hinge area and a slanted inside back is needed  to keep the feed from not collecting where the hogs can't reach it  and they are more apt to tear the feeder up trying to get to it.

Good luck

Home Depot or Lowes sells rolls of thin sheet iron. My second feeded I covered the wood with the metal and it lasted a couple of years longer than the all wood model.

Then in my growing older years I acquired a welder, a drill press and a few of the items everyone sooner or later should have and some all metal feeders were the results of learning along the way in my life. Shortly after I finished the all metal feeders, 2 in all, I decided I didn't like to raise hogs and sold them  and the guy said the metal feeders was what made him want to buy the hogs......