Pig feeder plans

Ksvet06

I went in to a feed store and asked if I could get the measurement off their feeders they had for sale. Sure, get after it.... 

They were truly happy for me to want to build my own. Some years ago but hey....

There are a few ways to keep water from running inside the hinge area and a slanted inside back is needed  to keep the feed from not collecting where the hogs can't reach it  and they are more apt to tear the feeder up trying to get to it.

Good luck

Home Depot or Lowes sells rolls of thin sheet iron. My second feeded I covered the wood with the metal and it lasted a couple of years longer than the all wood model.

Then in my growing older years I acquired a welder, a drill press and a few of the items everyone sooner or later should have and some all metal feeders were the results of learning along the way in my life. Shortly after I finished the all metal feeders, 2 in all, I decided I didn't like to raise hogs and sold them  and the guy said the metal feeders was what made him want to buy the hogs......