Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

I missed out, though I didn''t need one. Apparently Grizzly had some 15" planers they were clearancing at $169 plus shipping ($328 total). the link was active when I post this, though they may pull it off.

Wow...I didn't get an email for those...usually always get emails for any kind of "flash" sale.

I actually tried to purchase one this morning, couldn't pass that up! Got my paypal and Grizz told me Paypal is not working at this time for this transaction, I'll try late today if it's still up. I figure I can sell me lunchbox Dewalt planer and pay for this one clean. Nice deal!

...and me with no room to put it............................................................

I ordered it.  They said my card wouldn't be charged till it ships but it is out of stock.  We'll see.  If you buy one, spring the $34 for the lift gate.  I learned that from Moody.

12 minutes ago, CharlieL said:

I don't see it. Out of curiosity, which model number was it ?

Looks like it's gone Charlie, gone gone gone! I saw earlier.

I just spoke with Grizzly and that was a mixup. Seems the special shipping rate of $169.00 ended up as the selling price.    The price is actually about $1700.  

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Wonder if they'll honor the orders that they got?

Didn't sound like it Gene.  She said I'd get an email giving me the option to cancel or keep the order at the"correct" price.   Where's .Cliff?  I need an attorney to advise me.  

I guess the old "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" adage holds here. Sorry guys, I though it was a legitimate offer.

52 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I guess the old "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" adage holds here. Sorry guys, I though it was a legitimate offer.

You were wise in sharing it Fred.  It was too good to be true but I'm wondering if they can be held liable.  

What a deal now at the correct price and shipping lowered to 158

Y'all remember when Sears website priced the WorkSharp at a ridiculously low price? I was lucky enough to get in on that deal before they caught their mistake. Too bad Grizzly won't honor the orders. 

1 hour ago, Dadio said:

They could still honor the original ad and charge $1700. shipping and handling.

Herb

I'd drive to Springfield and pick it up.  I've been to the store.

I like their displays of different peoples woodworking achievements they put out for the world to come and see. I guess they still do that. We were there in 99 and then again in 2000 and there must have been 100 different things on display...

Here is the email that I just received from Grizzly.  I just replied asking why this isn't "bait and Switch" which is illegal in my state according to the consumer laws.  More to follow...

Dear RONALD C DUDELSTON,

Thank you for your recent order for the ST1012 15" Planer with Helical-Style Cutterhead.. The price for this item was incorrectly listed as $169.00 by mistake. The correct price is $1795.00.

Please note that we have canceled your order, and your credit card or other payment method will not be charged.

You may view your canceled order here

We apologize for this mistake! If you would like us to process your order at the correct price of $1795.00, please place your order again or contact Customer Service at cs@grizzly.com.

Sincerely,

Grizzly Industrial Inc.