Hello everyone.

Ksvet06

Hello group my name is zach and I have dabbled in woodworking since high school. After some injuries and issues from service overseas in the army. My doctor and I were talking about hobbies. So I came back to woodworking. I have a kind run down lathe that works but needs fixed lol and a lot of power tools. So I am currently trying to start fresh and build from there with knowledge and try to have a relaxing escape from my normal day rough time. 

Evening stick.

It's a harbor frieght lathe 34706. The person that I got it from took old pully off and put a single pully on so it's one speed. Need to get that working for adjustable speed. One one chuck it has a point and 4 grips to hold wood. No face plate. Looking at getting a nova chuck when I can with a 1 x 8 tpi adapter. The stand needs fixed or I might mount it to a bench instead. 

Wichman3,

Your correct it did come with  that pulley system. Mine did not come with it. Only a single pulley. It's one of a few problems I have to fix on the lathe. I would like to just buy a different one but am not currently able to do so.

Thank you for your service too. 

9 hours ago, Ksvet06 said:

I have a kind run down lathe that works but needs fixed

Zach, watch for our Wednesday’s Wisdom For Woodturners. We are always looking for projects, ideas and suggestions. Please jump in and tell us what you think! The guys in the turner's forum can certainly help with the lathe fix-up!

Sorry I'm late to the party, Zack. It's been a busy couple of weeks and I'm just catching up. Welcome...we'll help you spend your money, give you advise you probably won't want and make you post pictures (for those of us who can't read) of everything you do. So, join in on the fun and welcome, again.

Bill