Alexia

Ron Altier

We got an Alexia for Christmas and we love it. I ask it to play Elvis and it does. Karen asks it to add something to her grocery list and it adds it to a list on her iPhone. It does make an error once in a while, but it is learning. If you want any kind of info, it knows. It will remember any list or data you want and put it on your phone. It will send messages for you to anyone in your address book. I like the weather report, set a timer or wake up time.

9 hours ago, schnewj said:

Yup, a Case! Never could get them to tie the bales right. Half of the ties were loose and it was always jamming up. At least you traded up to a JD.

I wonder if Case and IHC shared the same knotters?  We had an IHC 45 baler.  My job as a pre-teen was to ride on the twine box and check each knot and retie those that failed.  Riding right there in a cloud of dust for several years during the summer, it is a wonder that I can breathe today!  We traded up for New Holland balers, cheaper than JD and with local parts/service.

Cal

12 hours ago, schnewj said:

Yup, a Case! Never could get them to tie the bales right.

Our old Case was wire tie; when it didn't break the wire, it made one heck-a-va bale which always seemed to be the problem. Didn't seem to make much difference where you had the tensioner set, bales came out the same.

3 hours ago, clhyer said:

I wonder if Case and IHC shared the same knotters?

I worked on a few of the old 45's...if you literal replaced everything in the knotter they seemed to work good until parts starting wearing then shear pins would break so guys would replace with harder bolts, then needles got bent and well you know the rest. New Holland did make pretty good balers too...never was around them much, but had customers who used them and liked them. Around here back then, there wasn't a strong dealer presence or I suspect there would have been many more in use.

J.D.'d old 24T was probably one of the most forgiving and reliable balers ever made. Easy to work on and even nearly worn out would produce decent bales. The last that I worked on was their 336T model. Pricey, but the an awesome piece of equipment.

10 hours ago, Larry Jenkins said:

Funny how a sound subject goes to the farm..

Wiring Alexa to your stereo system is spectacular..  For under 5 bucks..  No one cares..

Larry

It's talking in circles Larry.  Eventually we will come back to the original topic...

See, we just did!

And I agree, Alexa to the sound bar would be great - if I had Alexa...

Cal

15 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

It's not that we don't care, Larry. Some of us troglodytes don't know Alexia. Heck, I just got my record player to work in the shop.:lol:

That reminds me. I have to get my 8 track fixed so I can put that in the garage.:D

I don't think I could trust Alexia? :huh:Sounds like she would be the parrot in the cage  that would tell all of your secrets to everyone? :o  

Archived