I got DISCOVERED!

HARO50

A long-time friend (50+ years), now living on the Left Coast, rented a house here for two weeks for a Christmas family reunion. He couldn't get the keys until Friday, so he and his wife stayed with us for a few days. This is the first time he has been here long enough to see my shop, and he was amazed at all the tools. Apparently all HIS tools fit into a 14" x 8" x 3" high Rubbermaid box! Anyway, they left Friday, and she discovered that she had left a couple of things behind, so they dropped by last night to pick them up. Imagine my surprise when SIX people showed up at the door, and my friend told me I just HAD to show them my shop! His brother-in-law, who lives in Washington state, is an avid DIY"er, and was particularly impressed with my storage system for small parts and odds'n ends. Said he got a lot of ideas that he planned to incorporate in his own garage shop. It always gives me a good feeling to help someone else out. -_- And nobody even MENTIONED the messy condition of the shop!

John

Thanks, guys, for your kind comments. As for more photos, the shop is currently a MESS! The old workbench is now history,  and everything it once housed is in various drawers and boxes all over the place. The new DeWalt planer is sitting on an old folding bench, awaiting the in-progress table I'm building for it. Simply crossing the floor is an aerobic exercise in itself! While I never considered it a showcase in the first place, it now looks like a disaster zone!!! Perhaps a few pictures once the bulldozers have cleaned it up? <_<

John

And a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!

3 hours ago, Pat Meeuwissen said:

"my storage system for small parts and odds'n ends" is there a picture of this somewhere John?

Not yet, Pat, but I may have to take a few shots and post them. I have a combination of small bins on shelves, those metal-and-plastic drawer units, and plastic peanut butter jars for the slightly larger bits & pieces. A lot are tucked between the floor joists (basement shop, unfinished ceiling) to keep them out of the way. Whatever works! I get a sready stream of articles that need "fixin'", and I seldom have to buy any parts, since I have a good variety of odds'n'ends in stock. ;) And NO, I do NOT consider myself to be a hoarder! Well, not much, anyway. :blush:

John

Archived