Looks like a white Christmas for us

Fred W. Hargis Jr

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HARO50 said:

Where else can you get good, FREE advice, learn virtually unknown words, AND foreign languages all on the same forum? BTW, @DerBengel, how do you get the umlaut?

John

Oh my goodness!  I can only hope that is not a bad thing...LOL

I got these memorized from taking German class a few years ago and I added a bonus  below:

alt 132 = ä

alt 142 = Ä

alt 129 = ü

alt 154 = Ü

alt 148 = ö

alt 153 = Ö

alt 225 = ß

alt 0128 = €

alt 167 = º  (61º F or 100º C)

Mother Nature sure give me a Christmas present and she didn't even put a nice red bow on it. :lol:

We got about 4"--5" of snow and I got to go out and push that white stuff around and then clear a spot for the dogs. 

O well all in a day of the spirit of Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Just now, DerBengel said:

I got these memorized from taking German class a few years ago and I added a bonus  below:

alt 132 = ä

alt 142 = Ä

alt 129 = ü

alt 154 = Ü

alt 148 = ö

alt 153 = Ö

alt 225 = ß

alt 0128 = €

alt 167 = º  (61º F or 100º C....or set your blade to 45º :D)

1 hour ago, schnewj said:

Character Map. (open Start Menu, in the search window type in Character Map, click on the file and it will open)

Open it up, search for the Umlaut, copy it, toggle to the document and paste it into the word. You can, also, find a sharp "S".

Didn't know whether to hit "Thanks" or "Confused"!

28 minutes ago, DerBengel said:

alt 132 = ä

alt 142 = Ä

alt 129 = ü

alt 154 = Ü

alt 148 = ö

alt 153 = Ö

alt 225 = ß

alt 0128 = €

alt 167 = º  (61º F or 100º C)°

Now THAT's more my speed! :D But I've always used alt 248 for ° (15º) Oh, I see... there's a size difference! Does size matter? :rolleyes:

John

Bout 40+ at nite, 60 - 70 daytime, bout 50 mi. from Atlantic Ocean.

Cut grass last wk for last time.

Biggest problem, WIFE HAS TV REMOTES, THAT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS !!

LEG HAS HEALED SO GOOD BELIEVE i'LL GO IN THA SHOP THIS WK.

ITCHING TO BUILD SOME CEDAR CHEST

WANT TO BUILD SOME WALL SCONCE FOR DR. FRIEND, HE HAS AN OLD HOUSE HE'S RESTORING.  ANY WHO ,,,

HAPPY NEW YEAR 

I go to Word, insert character, cut-and-paste into tex

We were out Xmas eve.   Pretty windy on the way home . Last mile and a half was white-out snow.   I had to nearly stop a couple times because I could not see the road.   Ran with flashers on in case someone behind or ahead of me.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Well, at least I'm not in Erie, PA. Geez, 5' of snow in 3 days (!). As much as I love the stuff....that's way too much.

You seem to forget that a couple of years ago Buffalo got six feet around Thanksgiving. Hurray, for lake affect weather...I really do miss it...NOT!

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Well, at least I'm not in Erie, PA. Geez, 5' of snow in 3 days (!). As much as I love the stuff....that's way too much.

I read they were getting an inch of snow every 15 minutes at one point.  They got 97 inches of snow in December so far.  Their yearly average is 100 inches.  Record month and maybe a record year.

Archived