Back scratcher

DAB

a good friend wants a back scratcher.

i've never made a back scratcher.  you can buy one from bed/bath/beyond for $6, it's 19" long.  she want's something "special".  uh oh.

think i'll wander down to the shop, see if i have any nice scraps laying around, and see what i can come up with.

me?

i just find the nearest door frame or cactus.

On 12/22/2017 at 5:11 PM, Smallpatch said:

This one is wife's favorite.  And you do need a hole in it so it can be hung up for easier finding when needed and out of the way when not needed.IMG_9693.JPG.fe3bdb334596147c62e29e8499f61be8.JPG

Fanciest back scratcher I've ever seen...never saw one you had to use keys to get it started:P

On 12/22/2017 at 5:11 PM, Smallpatch said:

This one is wife's favorite.  And you do need a hole in it so it can be hung up for easier finding when needed and out of the way when not needed.IMG_9693.JPG.fe3bdb334596147c62e29e8499f61be8.JPG

23 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Fanciest back scratcher I've ever seen...never saw one you had to use keys to get it started:P

I  have a back scratcher  just like this one. Maybe that's why mine don't work? I need a key!!!! :o

good news:  she got it,  and she loves it.  had to point out via email that it will stand on end, the end where my brand is (she hadn't see that either, initial reaction was "he didn't brand it").

so made her day.

she said "where's the bill?"  um... i didn't include one.  postage was $8+, the box was free (reused an amazon box).  so send me what you think is right.  lumber was scrap, that was given to me, so really free.  and it took about an hour of creative time to make it up.  a nice challenge on a quiet day.

had to tell her though, that making one was fun, but making dozens would not be fun.  then i'd have to change the design so i could make them in bulk.  and that sounds like work.  pass.

so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to her and everyone else that didn't get a backscratcher from me (that would be everyone else in the world).

unique item there sweetie, don't break it.