Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
difalkner

Hidden latch for rifle display case

Rate this topic

I'm building a rifle display case and decided I would incorporate a hidden latch for the door. So I cut the feet, latch, holes, and pocket for the latch on the CNC. Sort of a different project, more just doing a little engineered machining with the most appropriate tool in our shop for that purpose.

So here's a short video of cutting the pocket on the edge of the bottom board -

Enjoy!

David

Makes it look real easy David!  I know that it takes a bunch of planning and prep work getting to that point though.

And congrats on the Etsy sale.  Do you have any goals for that part of the business?

Cal

Thanks, Cal!  Right now our goal is for sale #2.  Ultimately I would love to be up around 15-20 orders each month.  To do more would mean cutting back on some other work I do week in and week out for the trophy shop and I kind of like doing their work.  But, I'll keep changing the items and developing new ones to grow the Etsy side of the shop work as much as physically possible.

David