Status of Excalibur Scroll Saw

Fred Wilson

3 hours ago, It Was Al B said:

Just wondering if it might be better to have it shipped to a store in NH Artie. You'll save the Maine sales tax. Seabrook is not far off the beaten path when traveling to Maine

Al, If I decide to move up, I’m pretty sure I’m gonna buy from Seyco. I’m just posting this for any one interested. 

2 hours ago, Fred Wilson said:

Artie - we value your opinion on dealing with Seyco, ease of ordering, shipping speed, and overall opinion (as a relatively newbe to scrolling) of this new machine.  Please keep us informed of your journey.

Thanks again

fred

Hi Fred, I am just looking into what I might move up to. I am really liking the Shopsmith one. I think the issues I have with it are all solvable. I will find out about the biggest one when I rig up an aquarium pump as a saw dust blower. If that works well the rest is easy to do. I look at oceanfront real estate all the time, my Wife laughs at me. I tell her I just want to be prepared, if I win the lottery LOL. Kinda the same thing with the woodworking tools. I have the next shop all planned in my head :) . While doing all my online research I just found a huge number of compliments for Ray of Seyco. I feel if we don’t support the people/companies that go above and beyond what’s expected for customer service, then we have no right to complain when we are left with just the BORG’s. From a strictly $$ point of view, the Excalibur EX-21 at $799 with stand and foot switch, delivered, seems to be a great deal. While I think a scroll saw that tilts instead of the table, and also lifts up, and stays there, it’s a better design, my last two sessions on the Shopsmith went really well, and I’m very happy with it. There’s a thought floating around the little thing I call a brain, that maybe I stay happy with the SS and my next toy is a router table instead of a new scroll saw. I’ll probably change my mind tomorrow LOL. I have two additions to finish up, and a new one to start, so my leisure time is going to be in very small supply for the next couple of months.  I’m most likely compensating for that by all my imaginary shopping I’m doing.

Edited by Artie

On 4/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, Artie said:

While doing all my online research I just found a huge number of compliments for Ray of Seyco. I feel if we don’t support the people/companies that go above and beyond what’s expected for customer service, then we have no right to complain when we are left with just the BORG’s.

Couldn't say it better myself.  Thanks