Status of Excalibur Scroll Saw

Fred Wilson

I have heard rumors of Exclibur being discontinued.  Seyco is no longer selling them !  (The #1 guy for Excalibur).  Sent emails to the manufacturer in Canada (General International) but received no answer from them.  Soooooo, I reached out to Steve Good to see if he has heard anything.  Below is his answer to me (reprinted with permission).

"General International and the Taiwanese manufacturer of the Excalibur had a disagreement.

I hear that it was not very friendly but I don't know all the gory details. Just the rumors.(not worth repeating)

There was also a rumor going around that they had made up and General was considering starting shipping

the saw again. I cannot verify that and I tried.

The loss of the Excalibur was bad for the community but the gap has been somewhat filled by the Seyco ST-21

which is made by the same Taiwanese manufacturer and is very similar to the old Excalibur with improvements.

It also open the door for King Canada to market their King Scroll Saws in the US. They are basically identical to

the Excalibur with different branding. Unfortunately King can only sell the 16" and 30" machine in the US at this

time. I spoke with their marketing guy and he tells me that is because of a contractual agreement and they hope

to start selling the 21" King saw in the US soon. No word on what soon means. They currently sell the machines

in Woodcraft stores nation wide."

So, my friends, what are we going to replace our Excalibur when the time comes?  Where are we going to get replacement parts?  With the St-21 and KingSaw selling for $899, and being new to the scroll saw world, any decision is to be made.

Any thoughts guys??????

One of the scrolling forums recently posted that the EX 21 is available for order through Home Depot.  I just looked it up through my local HD and for $899.00 I could have one here around Jan 11.  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Excalibur-120-Volt-21-in-Tilting-Head-Scroll-Saw-with-Stand-and-Foot-Switch-EX-21K/205414436?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-AllProducts|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI08SanO2P2AIV1o2zCh2Dtgz-EAQYAiABEgIdG_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CM-Mn6Ptj9gCFVGtTwod5moDig 

Larry

• 2 months later...

Home Depot is currently selling the saw for $799, foot switch and stand included, free shipping. I have been spending a lot of time on Steve’s site (recommended to me from here), and I have never read so many accolades, unsolicited, about a person/company than Ray and Seyco. So I’m thinking that if I take to Scrolling like I think I’m gonna, and decide to upgrade my saw, I think I’m gonna put my money where my mouth is, and buy from Seyco, give the business to a company that’s earned it.

artie, tried to order one from HD - Out of stock - none expected - asked them to take it off but apparently they did not

I'm liking it as well

Larry and Artie, the Seyco is only available in the 21" model and is "darn" near $900 - - - YIKES  :o - - - I'm thinking getting some new parts for my "old" EX-21 and living it up with all the $$$ I've saved.

Edited by Fred Wilson

1 hour ago, Fred Wilson said:

artie, tried to order one from HD - Out of stock - none expected - asked them to take it off but apparently they did not

I'm liking it as well

Larry and Artie, the Seyco is only available in the 21" model and is "darn" near $900 - - - YIKES  :o - - - I'm thinking getting some new parts for my "old" EX-21 and living it up with all the $$$ I've saved.

Fred from what I’ve read, an old fixed up EX21 is equal to, or better, than todays new. Saving money is just the icing :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Was on the Home Depot website tonight, and they have the Excalibur EX-21 back on sale for $799. That includes the stand and foot switch. It isn’t in the stores, but will be shipped to your house , or store of your choosing ( They can’t ship to some states). Having a great time in vacation in Maine, with the family.