Had to go to the big city for c-scans and other stuff and then headed for HF for a couple of air angle drive grinders. 

Back when I was wheeling up and down the roads with a truck load of Mac Tools in my earlier life I could not justify buying these type of air angle grinders for my price back then was at least 120 or more and for hobby play things I couldn't afford them.

One of these was 13.99 , the other was 19.99 so wife said get both. But wait, when we approached the check out stand I told the clerk I decided not to get the 15% off coupon for one item cause before I punched the print button it said there would be 6 pages printed. I says to myself that amount of ink will cost me that much so I didn't get a discount slip of paper. The clerk said I can fix that, picking up her cell phone and looked up the code numbers then gave me 25% off the most expensive item of the five things we had set on the counter...So one grinder cost me 13.99, the other cost me 14.99. One is a rear exhaust the other a front exhaust, both have collet chucks.

I will say all the air tools I have bought from them are all still working good but I can't say that about the electric models.

IMG_9632.JPG.24988e9b4f78d5b714e0647edd2e2706.JPG

But all air tools out last electric models.

So maw got her deep freeze and I got more than I deserved.

I think of all the stores in our big city, the Harbor Freight people are there to make happy customers like it or not. But they also have not disappointed me in any way. 

Great buy!

We just got a Harbor Freight store here. I usually check the shelves and just look but yesterday I picked up one of those magnetic switched with an articulated arm. It was $14. I'm sure it is not as strong as the Mag-Switches but it does what I need.

Lew I just now had to check my reliable source of information cause I thought we had a HF in Odessa , TX. back

in the eighties as we were building a go- cart track and yes she said we had a store close to our business. I bought lots of stuff from them and all served me good except the electric motor type tools which I was afraid of to start with. I bought mostly air operated equipment as I had enough air hoses to reach across the 4 acres of land...

One of the first things I bought from them was a floor jack for I was building a tandem axle trailer inside a building I was putting up and using the concrete floor to work on before I put one end of the building up so I could get in and out and by golly, that floor jack just recently quit working after many many years. Strange for most seals in hydraulic pumps don't usually last that long.

Before you go to the store, don't forget to check them online and see if there is any discount coupons you might can print out. Same goes for Hobby Lobby for they always have a 40% off any one item and I don't mind wasting some printers ink when we go. But a word of warning with Hobby Lobby, Elmers white glue by the gallon was 8 bucks a gallon higher than walmart. So that got me to checking and I found anything that other stores sells exactly the same items, Hobby Lobby is always quite a bit higher...My last air brush I bought there was high priced but with the 40% off it turned out to be the cheapest. Last week we stopped there for some tracing paper. Theirs was 4.95 for the same amount as Walmart had for 2.95.

Edited by Smallpatch

1 hour ago, Smallpatch said:

Same goes for Hobby Lobby

I usually print out their coupons for the 40%.  When I was at Harbor Freight, the guy in front of me had an app on his phone that had discount items. Probably something I could use because I'm always forgetting to take clip the coupons.

I gotta say, although it may upset some, I am looking more online at WalMart. They have free shipping to the store- only a 10 minute trip- and the stuff they have online is pretty extensive.

23 hours ago, lew said:

I usually print out their coupons for the 40%.  When I was at Harbor Freight, the guy in front of me had an app on his phone that had discount items. Probably something I could use because I'm always forgetting to take clip the coupons.

I gotta say, although it may upset some, I am looking more online at WalMart. They have free shipping to the store- only a 10 minute trip- and the stuff they have online is pretty extensive.

There may be an app, but I have used e-mail on the phone. Pull up the e-mail with the coupons and let the clerk read the numbers, works like a charm and you don't have to print and clip.