Tom Fidgen's Unplugged Woodshop (two handled rasps)

John Morris

Tow handles make complete sense, for shaping and fairing. As Tom describes it, it's like having a spoke shave in a file. My observation is that if you have a file like this, you can use it on the tricky grained woods, and you wouldn't have to worry about grain direction as you do with a shave. Once you get it roughed down to the line, you can then clean it up with a traditional shave. I love these.

2 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Great idea.

I googled "two handled file" and here's what I got. 

Z1oCqwlcpIx_.JPG.aba77123a6e7c9ec079c52b686d24686.JPGwho says Google doesn't have a sense of humor?

...or a good system of redirection to the sponsors that Google sells your information to, so they can target you with specific products. Try cleaning out your cache, cookies, etc and perform the same search and see all of the relevant search results...

18 hours ago, p_toad said:

Respectfully disagree.   I have many tools which i use often, seldom, or not at all; but they all serve a purpose (even if only to look at and admire as a neat/good tool).   SWMBO may think they are a waste of money, but then she's not buying or paying for them.  I have a personal relationship with all my tools.  :unsure:

So, do you use adjectives, like NicKP, does (cute, handsome, pretty), to describe the lookers?  :lol: