I'm putting a remote start on my slider.   I gotta make the  thing myself because the electrics in my Hammer Saw are confounding  and are not simply start and stop.  There are capacitors that must be engaged and held so until the blade spins up.  Germans like doing things that way.    I'm doing it about like I did the remote for my DC.  I'll have two solenoids  literally pushing the on off buttons. A switch box on a coil of head phone wire from overhead and a 24 volt switching power supply.   It looks a tad silly but it works.  The springs in my saw's switch plate are too string for the cheap little solenoids I get from China  on the Fleabay so I'm using levers for  mechanical advantage.

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

7 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

why a remote switch for the saw? 

well with a slider the switch is placed so the operator has to reach down around the slider to access it.  Put a sheet of ply on the slider and you gotta grovel around on you hands and knees to find the switch.  So an over head  pull down switch is really nice.

17 minutes ago, Cliff said:

well with a slider the switch is placed so the operator has to reach down around the slider to access it.  Put a sheet of ply on the slider and you gotta grovel around on you hands and knees to find the switch.  So an over head  pull down switch is really nice.

Gotcha. Totally understand. Thanks for the clarification.