Today was my turn

Fred W. Hargis Jr

On 11/30/2017 at 4:39 PM, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

for a colonoscopy, uggh! He did find a polyp and removed it, so I guess its a good thing I went in. I get biopsy results in a couple of weeks.

Missed this somehow Fred. You probably wish you had too.:P

Hope everything has since checked out OK?

My turn will be coming again after the New Year..

The whole process just seems to be real PITA somehow

My 3rd one was at the VA hospital in Phoenix. Never again! I swear he used a old Norden bomb sight. Talk about a PITA.:(

My last one was a life saver. He noticed an enlarged prostate which turned out to be cancerous. Luckily, early stage and was remediable with a series of laser treatments. 

I don't go back to the doctor (actually, I think it's a CNP) until next week to get the biopsy results for mine, but to be truthful, my process wasn't really that bad other than the prep.  I arrived at the hospital at 6: 30 for an 8:00 precedure, and was home by 11:00 or so. the biggest problem for me was the transportation part. My wife's handicap makes it very hard for here to drive, and I couldn't find anyone else to help with the trip. Since the hospital was about 12 miles and an easy trip, Marie insisted she could handle it. I think I need to sign up with the local Council on Aging, they provide medical transport for things like this.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Thought I would come back and put a pin in this. I visited the doc yesterday (actually saw a PA in his office) and the polyp they removed from me was "the least concerning" of any they find. Even so, it does seem to have me on a shorter repeat schedule...every 5 years. Oh, well.

5 years is pretty typical.  I wouldn't worry about it. 

Archived