resizing programs

Smallpatch

I noticed where there are 5 resizing programs a person can load on this new computer.  Anybody think any one is better than the other.

They are all free but hope someone has already tried them all looking for the best. We have used Rapid Resizer in the past to resize pictures

from the printer to get the right size patterns for scroll sawing but its not listed on this computer and being old there might better out there.

Edited by Smallpatch

I have always used Rapid Resizer but that's a very old program .

I just now found lots of resizer programs and I might have to go through them to find one that stays clear when a picture

is enlarged many times. Some of these things I make so big the lines disappear and all I have to go by is a big blur.

Thanks Dan I think you helped me some time ago when I was having a the blur problem on the resizeing.

I just now found I can talk to this computer and ask it questions and to find things for me. Amazing.....

Dan this paint program is not what I need.

I take a picture or else I print something from the internet, I scan it to
Rapid Resizer on the computer.

After it is on rapid resizer I can crop the picture and enlarge it to what I want

then it has the printer to either make  black and white or color pictures for me

to paste on the wood. The last clock was 8 pages big I then taped together for the one clock.

You guys are on the ball. Lew both of those look good and I will load them and see if I can get the really enlarged patterns clear like I am looking for.

Larry I'll give that one a run also. I have found when working with stained glass or I should say when wife is working with stained glass really clear cutting lines is not necessary like when using a scroll saw...

No error but if you have ever used Rapid Resizer for getting a picture then croping it, then enlarging and sending it to the printer, nothing else I have found does it as good.

I finally found the  Rapid Resizer CD wife bought  20 years ago for her glass work but was hoping it had been up dated for clarity and nothing we have found yet is as good.

Wow she just brought me a diamond band saw blade she uses to cut curves on the glass, she broke it.  A new 36" diameter blade is 136.00 plus freight... and I thought my 144" band saw blade was expensive ...

I just use Excel.  Often, I start with something on the computer, and capture the image with ctrl+printscreen.  In Excel, the size tool allows cropping and rotation of the image.  Then, click/drag corners/sides of the image to reshape/enlarge.  I use a square grid to keep track of sizing.  Then print the image, which will give multiple pages if large enough.