Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! November 13th, 2017

John Morris

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

Personal update: I think I quite woodworking, seems I cannot get back in the shop these days, this is the longest dry spell I have ever had (no woodworking since August). Between home repairs for our VA refinance (done) and medical emergencies, and visiting loved ones in the hospital, and just a whole host of things that I cannot publicly display, I cannot get back to it! Alas, I do have faith! I was able to actually walk out to my shop and organize a tad. It's amazing when a garage/shop is not being used, how much crap builds up on top of woodworking surfaces!  Thanks for reading my display of self pity. :)

New members

Please welcome the following members to our community.

No new members to report on this past week.

News

We want to thank those who have participated in this project, we have thus far reached 62% of our 1500.00 dollar goal!

Well of course the biggest news of all, in case y'all have not heard, we have kicked off our annual tradition of supporting a warrior family for the Holidays! Please GO HERE to see how you can help!

Please help us help this Gold Star Family, and you could win some great prizes too!

Nicole and kids.jpg

What's It

Our November "What's It" is here! We have a beautiful Woodriver Hand Plane by our supporters Woodcraft, up for grabs to the one who correctly identifies the item.

No. 63 Low Angle Jack Plane Woodriver.jpg

Featured image of the week

Pit sawyers

Attribution: By Silar (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

pit sawyers.png

1 hour ago, Ron Dudelston said:

When they opened the show at 9 A.M., there were about 300-400 people waiting to get in.  By 9:03 I had my first sale. 

Holy cow Ron...As big as any "Black Friday" morning opening...only difference these folks showed some courtesy and respect. Glad the show went well!

Accomplished nothing tangible or of any value...weather yesterday was dreary, rainy, cold, damp and any other appropriately miserable adjectives. Definitely Monday...daughter's van died on way to take kids to school this AM...Tow service has picked up and headed to the shop so we've been scrambling juggling vehicles and people to places. H.S. swim season kicks off tomorrow night with a 3-way meet and a dual meet Sat. at home.

Remaining "free" time this week TBD ./. weather prognosis...basically a dull week measured up with all of you.^_^

Just now, Ron Dudelston said:

My thoughts are with you, Dave.  I went to a swim meet one time and it was two hours of waiting, hustle in to the pool area, watch for two minutes, repeat.  Awful experience and worse than soccer if that is possible.

Actually Ron after 5 years of Middle school, summer programs and now 3rd year of HS,  I've come to appreciate the sport and what both girls do and have accomplished. It will be a tad easier this year with both swimming varsity (Fr. & Jr.)...now on the other hand, H.S Volleyball...well, I'd soon watch glue or paint dry:P No offence to those that enjoy that sport...and yeah, I was thrilled when oldest grandson gave up soccer although at that age was entertaining to watch the kids and unbelievable watching the parents:o