Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Smallpatch

I have a better way to run the planer

Rate this topic

We drained our hoses and exterior piping on 10/15. Had to blow out the irrigation system, too. Darned near an all day job. Well, half a day, anyway. It got down to 30 the night before. Hasn't been below 38, since.<_<

But, it only took one winter with busted pipes and we learned our lesson. 

Gene I pump out of the lake for the garden and the fruit and nut trees . I use a large propane tank for the pressure system and have devised a way to be sure all the water is pushed out of the pipes before any freezes comes.. Yes , learned the hard way. On the faucet close to the air compressor I  have an air chuck like the truck tire guys have that clips on to the tire valve that is screwed into the side of a faucet and let a small amount of air run for a while through the water lines with the valve down next to the submersible pump being open. Now I don't even worry when the temperature drops. But one year I propped my sprinklers up against the barn and all , about 8 , froze the ends off. Wasn't that expensive to glue new ends and a short piece of pvc back on but it pissed me off for not thinking of them. 

I have pvc air lines running all over my property and also in my shop. Been using pvc for air since about  1970 and none have ever busted.....I also run a pvc air line over to brother in laws barn about 17 years ago. He didn't know it at the time for they were in California at the time. Later he mentioned he was going to have to buy an air compressor for all the stuff he had, I walked him over to the the quick coupler and pointed and he just looked at it for a while and said what the hell is that.......