Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

hatuffej

Happy Veterans Day (November 11th 2017)

Rate this topic

@hatuffej, I changed to title and added some tags, only because you by default created our official vets day greeting for this year. I had to make it official. Thanks for starting it hat!

35 minutes ago, John Morris said:

@hatuffej, I changed to title and added some tags, only because you by default created our official vets day greeting for this year. I had to make it official. Thanks for starting it hat!

Good! You are welcome. At first, I thought that you were going to tell me to drop and do 20 PUs, so I did. 1, 2, 3, 4......

hat

Got a PM stating my image of the drill sergeant dressing down a recruit, with the caption "Hit the ground and push Maggot!" in response to @hatuffej last post above, was inappropriate. To me it was just good ol fashioned military humor, perhaps it may seem a bit gruff by those who have never been in that environment. But I assure you, among us who have served, we do have a warped sense of humor. Sorry if I offended anyone. I did remove the post. To the PM, thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)

And thanks again hat for starting the topic!

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

Got a PM

sorry to hear this...

Just now, steven newman said:

At least it wasn't R. Lee Ermy from Full Metal Jacket......holding a Jelly Donut...

:lol:

2 hours ago, John Morris said:

Got a PM stating my image of the drill sergeant dressing down a recruit, with the caption "Hit the ground and push Maggot!" in response to @hatuffej last post above, was inappropriate. To me it was just good ol fashioned military humor, perhaps it may seem a bit gruff by those who have never been in that environment. But I assure you, among us who have served, we do have a warped sense of humor. Sorry if I offended anyone. I did remove the post. To the PM, thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)

And thanks again hat for starting the topic!

I don't understand any offense with that but oh, well. During Basic Training, I was squad leader, then platoon guide. My Drill Sergeant, SSgt Adolph Kopff, 101st Airborne, at Ft. Lewis made me do PUs for every violation in my squad, and then the platoon along with the offender. Man! I still do around 200 every day in sets of 15-20. Again, you're welcome. 

Edited by hatuffej

3 hours ago, Pat Meeuwissen said:

USAF, MMS, 78'-82'

Hey Pat, were you a 462?