Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

hatuffej

Happy Veterans Day (November 11th 2017)

Rate this topic

I never served....  I'm sorry to say.

Here's dad in 1945, SeaBees, South Pacific.  My son in Afghanistan 2010

166641_175015052535718_100000816741584_327087_233596_n.jpg

167350_174082809295609_100000816741584_323413_1795666_n.jpg

167967_172123912824832_100000816741584_311973_2926488_n.jpg

1945 discharged from service cropped.jpg

@Jim from Easy Wood Tools you may have not served, but you are now!

Thank you sir for raising such a fine young man to serve, our nation is in debt to your family for putting forth a fine young man in our service.

And your dad, now that is a cool image! Is your dad still with us today?

Jim, my dad too, was a member of that elite but unsung group. He island hopped from Pearl all the way to Okinawa. 

He used to say about the Marines landing at Iwo "Who the Hell you think cleared the beach for them?" 

50 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Jim, my dad too, was a member of that elite but unsung group. He island hopped from Pearl all the way to Okinawa. 

He used to say about the Marines landing at Iwo "Who the Hell you think cleared the beach for them?" 

They built the roads the enemy retreated on!

2 hours ago, John Morris said:

@Jim from Easy Wood Tools you may have not served, but you are now!

Thank you sir for raising such a fine young man to serve, our nation is in debt to your family for putting forth a fine young man in our service.

And your dad, now that is a cool image! Is your dad still with us today?

No...  lost my dad 12 years ago.  Thank you John