Was going to buy another flexible cable shaft

Whups, now after getting home and taking the new grinder out of the box it looks like the new one might not come apart  like the old one does. The cable looks to be pressed in . Well at least they do have some light weight grease in the top so maybe more might need to be added as time goes by. And I noticed only the 1/8" collet comes in the box. If  person needs the smaller sizes he will have to go to the store. I have a smaller collet for the old one but hardly ever use it. It does come in handy using a 1/16" diamond tip bit for small lines.

You just made me feel even better with my $15 garage sale find back in September...wasn't looking for another Dremel or even the flex shaft but since I didn't have one (flex shaft) couldn't leave it behind...

It had never been used (still hasn't) but someday I might try to imitate some of the things you do...

BTW...Lowe's carries just the Flex Shaft for about $25..

image.png.1b675352275805f9e3d77670310b22ff.png

Dave thats exactly why we use to make lots of garage sales every week. Did you read my advise on how to take care of that flex shaft. Mine is always hanging beside where I sit to use it. Never any tight bends!

If you decide to never use it I'll buy it for 20 and pay the freight or even 30 since you are a nice guy and you won't ever buy enough groceries. I think thats what your wife told me.

I hope you do start to do some carving. I got some patterns already to glue on some wood if you need some. Free also, freight paid. They ever come with directions. You can read can't you.......

5 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

I show a picture of that flex shaft being 31.98 in yesterdays prices.

You are correct my friend...that's what is shows currently...maybe it was on sale back around Sept 10th or so, but it really was $24.98...I do see several of the 225-T2 listed on eBay for $20-25 with free shipping.  Not sure if used, new or ???

Did you read my advise on how to take care of that flex shaft.

Yes...great suggestion...I do similar with all of my gas powered string trimmers and the ones I can, rotate the flex shaft end-for-end each year. Probably not a lot of folks remember you had to do that back in the day on your speedometer cables too...used to fix a lot of "weird noise in the dash" complaints just pulling the cable and applying grease.

If you decide to never use it I'll buy it for 20 and pay the freight or even 30 since you are a nice guy and you won't ever buy enough groceries. I think thats what your wife told me.

As generous as your offer is, I'll pass for now. I look at it every so often still amazed I even own one. As for the groceries, I'm seldom allowed to do the shopping anymore without adult supervision...It's getting harder and harder to get in and out of that little seat in the cart. 

You can read can't you.......

Well I think so, but not sure if I can decipher "Texan" correctly;)

BTW...did you buy that Upright Freezer you went for in the first place?:P

Dave I had my wife read what I was typing for you and she said some of these guys might not like being chided.

I said they probably wouldn't stay on this wood working site if they don't. There were 15 guys at the fire station I spent 23 years at  for 24 hours at a time. Some of the pranks got maybe too serious but with a bunch of guys

there was always enough to calm the situation down. Don't remember any blood flowing but do remember a

few temper tantrums.

My first car was a 46 chevy and every winter it would be harder to read the actual miles per hour. A few drop of oil and for a while it was okay. I couldn't stand the loud tappet noise chevy was famous for. I even ordered a thing from the popular mechanic magazine to quieten the tappets down... You take the tappet cover off and lay this thing on top of the tappets and put the cover back on and leave it there. It was made or real thick cotton sack material and was about 1/2" thick.  After a while it would get saturated with oil and make em quite. This is when I discovered people sells gimmicks for suckers to buy. But in the mean time I ordered this black goop you took the spark plugs out and squirted the same amount in each cylinder , replace the plugs and this stuff would work around the rings and wa-la, your hp would more than double and would get 15 miles an hour extra just like that. This was in 53 and all the farmers sons drove their dads pickups and were 52 or 53 models and would out run my 46.  Another thing I ordered from an add in popular mechanics.... I was again reminded suckers are born all the time.

I was so glad when 55 came around with the V8. My first new car was a 56 chevy two door hard top. My next new car was in 98. It seem a marriage and three kids lowered any thought of having any extra spending money.

9 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

Dave I had my wife read what I was typing for you and she said some of these guys might not like being chided. I said they probably wouldn't stay on this wood working site if they don't.

So...you have to have adult supervision too? :P Gotta' have some fun even if it's my own expense. The world has become to politically correct and serious.

I couldn't stand the loud tappet noise chevy was famous for. I even ordered a thing from the popular mechanic magazine to quieten the tappets down... You take the tappet cover off and lay this thing on top of the tappets and put the cover back on and leave it there. It was made or real thick cotton sack material and was about 1/2" thick.  After a while it would get saturated with oil and make em quite. This is when I discovered people sells gimmicks for suckers to buy.

I'd forgotten about those...yeah those old 210 & 235 ci engines had solid lifters so got pretty noisy. I removed a lot of those "quieter gimmicks" after they fell apart and plugged got into the oil pan and plugged pick-up screens on the oil pumps.;)

My first new car was a 56 chevy two door hard top. My next new car was in 98. It seem a marriage and three kids lowered any thought of having any extra spending money.

My first car was also a '56 chevy, 2dr hdtp Belair...it wasn't new though...about 11 years old...Understand on the whole new car thing...BTDT too.

54 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

I learned to drive on an AC WD45.

Dad came home one day and said I bought you something today...It was a WC Allis...hand crank to start...nearly broke my arm and shoulder on a few occasions until I learned the tricks to start it...came with a 2 bottom plow, pull type disc, 2 row cultivator; soon he added a JD 290 planter and we "was" farmers...fall came and we got a one row corn picker and wagon...I put that tractor through the fence a couple times in the spring...fell asleep while discing...morning 'er afternoon after my Jr. Prom.:lol: 

Dad died in 51 right after we moved back to Texas from Calif. I was 15 when he died. Three or four yeas later mom married her brother in law, my uncle. I stayed with them for a few months and lived on their cotton farm. One section of land and it was one mile by one mile. All the rows were 1 mile long. This was the most boring thing I ever done in my life. I could not keep my eyes open until I got to the other end then swing around and do it all over again all day long. I Finally left and moved in with another uncle closer to Lubbock.

In about 1946 the Govt. bought a large ranch and split it up into Labors, I think they were all 177 acres and the govt built small houses on the land and sold these farms to who ever with 30 years to pay. This was part of the govts. way of getting people back to work thingy. If the buyers didn't make a crop that year they didn't have to pay that year. It was really great for people who wanted to become farmers of cotton and grain.....both sides of my folks family was like ten on one side and 11 aunts and uncles on the other side. Only one wanted to be a farmer and he already had a dry land farm in a terrible area not worth farming  but none of the other kinfolks wanted to farm.......tooo bad to for most of those farmers within the next 10 to 15 years got rich for they started drilling oil wells on most all those farms  and the mineral rights went along with the land...Don't know how many acres there was in that large ranch but it stretched from Ropesville to Levelland  is about 30 miles or more, I think. This is all trying to remember things that happened no long after 1951 when we moved back to that area...which we left in 1941 moving to California so dad cold get rich out there. I think they said the war started a couple months after we got there...

Edited by Smallpatch