Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Ron Altier

The Geese are back

yummmmmmmy....

What used to be one of a local farmers hayfields seems to have become home for hundreds of gesse..The farm no longer has the dairy cows to feed so the field has become a geese haven.Messy, Messy Messy.

At our last house we had a family of them take up residence on our pond one year. The mess was indescribable, not to mention the destruction of the soybean crop in the adjoining field. The state of Ohio will issues "nuisance" geese shooting permits, so I was able to solve the problem. But those permits do come with an Ohio size pile of bureaucracy.

12 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Aren't we glad elephants don't fly? 

Apparently the pink ones can.

John

51 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

John

4 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

I've seen them do it.

But, have you seen them poop? I'm sure you'd remember. Pink elephant poop is very distinctive.:D

Our local zoo, recently closed thanks to PITA, (NO, not a typo!) had a very docile elephant, Angus, who was often brought out for parades and other public appearances. On a "Terry Fox Run" a few years back, poor Angus was suffering from a case of the trots. I felt SO sorry for the poor zoo employee following behind him with a wheelbarrow and shovel! :wacko:

John

9 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

But, have you seen them poop?

That I took a picture of because it is so unbelievable.

il_340x270.200146662.jpg

25 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

tpwsheesh.jpg.cb8977dd233058f562a759f71dd86fed.jpg

John

brain bleach instead please...

On 11/10/2017 at 8:55 AM, HARO50 said:

John

...I've "seen the elephant"!