Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

It Was Al B

Suddenly went incognito

Things seem OK now but while typing on a topic I suddenly went incognito and had to sign -in again. Happened at about 9:05 PM on 11/7 17.

Don't know if it is related to the site or a recent upgrade(s) to my computer affected settings; I am experiencing extreme lag in the typing of a reply, I am no longer staying logged-in, and my settings for my "theme" changed and I had to reset them this morning.

As for staying logged-in, up until today if I left the forum and then brought it back up I was still logged in. Now I have to sign in every time I go back. No biggie, just an extra step to get in. I have been experiencing an intermittent lag when typing a reply. I touch type, so, although I'm not fast, I'm not a slow two finger hunt and pecker. I am usually a dozen words ahead before it starts showing up, and some of the first letters typed don't always appear.

I don't know if this is web site related or my computer. I'm going to double check my settings and see if something has changed.

@John Morris

I was just looking at my settings and trying to get my theme back to where I had it set.

I may just not have noticed it lately, but when I look at the content banner at the top of the post, no matter what background color I choose, the gray font color washes out. I can barely see it with a dark background and it is invisible with the lighter/brighter color choices. I can barely read the names and posted date. The share link icon on the right hand side is not visible unless I hover the curser over it.

Did something change, or am I just not seeing that the content banner changed recently? I was not having any problems seeing it before the settings defaulted and I changed them back today.

I know you were trying to settle on a set of theme options. Is this the result or is there something more, underlying?

Edited by schnewj

Bill, as for the theme, can you please post a screen shot here in this topic of what you are seeing, that will really help me understand what you see.

Also, the slow typing, I have been experiencing that too, intermittently, I am trying to get to the bottom of that one. 

12 hours ago, It Was Al B said:

Things seem OK now but while typing on a topic I suddenly went incognito and had to sign -in again. Happened at about 9:05 PM on 11/7 17.

Al, please let us know if that happens again. That one is strange!

1 hour ago, schnewj said:

As for staying logged-in, up until today if I left the forum and then brought it back up I was still logged in.

I am not sure what could be causing that Bill, if we get anymore reports of this issue we'll look into it more, but if it's just you at this point, my first assumption is something changed on your end with accepting cookies from our site or security settings within your browser.

33 minutes ago, John Morris said:

I am not sure what could be causing that Bill, if we get anymore reports of this issue we'll look into it more, but if it's just you at this point, my first assumption is something changed on your end with accepting cookies from our site or security settings within your browser.

Like I said, no biggie. I suspect that is on my end but nothing has changed except for the most recent FF upgrades. Those were a week or two back. The log-in problem (if you can call it that) started yesterday.

39 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Bill, as for the theme, can you please post a screen shot here in this topic of what you are seeing, that will really help me understand what you see.

Also, the slow typing, I have been experiencing that too, intermittently, I am trying to get to the bottom of that one. 

This.

The "John Morris" and "Posted 32 minutes ago:" are visible but not what I thought I had...the "share" icon is virtually invisible.

image.thumb.png.f37597407ec6a17338d799f5d4ebb451.png

...as opposed to this...

I can't read anything. I am seeing the gray lettering but can't read it.

Did something change or am I all of a sudden having problems seeing this?

image.thumb.png.c7d53b7c340009fb8db8292f201b1604.png

It looks like your color settings have changed Bill. Go to the paint brush and choose black for everything. Let me know if that works. 

I have, John! I've set it back to the Blueberry, but for some reason I remember the font being easier to see in this color combination. I was just wondering if the subdued gray text was always there or if the font was black and then change! Truthfully, I don't pay much attention to it. I picked what worked for me and don't even see the combinations anymore. However, when I lost the custom setting and went to set it back to what I had I noticed the problem with the gray font.

In the second example the gray font is totally overpowered by the Leaf (green) background. I can see that there is gray font but I can't read it. I don't have any color recognition problems (that I'm aware of). So, if I can't see it then I wonder about some of the others on here.

There is a problem for sure Bill. I recognize it. I'll take care of it ASAP. Well get this place squared away yet!!!!

3 hours ago, John Morris said:

There is a problem for sure Bill. I recognize it. I'll take care of it ASAP. Well get this place squared away yet!!!!

Whew! So, I'm not imagining a change!

3 minutes ago, schnewj said:

Whew! So, I'm not imagining a change!

No you are not. Something is up. I'll finger it out.

@schnewj, can you give it a try now? Thanks!

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, schnewj said:

I'm not fast, I'm not a slow two finger hunt and pecker

Does that mean you are a "half-fast" typist?  ;)

and extended buffering time...

signed in...

opened thread on rock splitting and got this...

twice...

5a0a768d57c84_ScreenHunter11.jpg.5641e3552919ebe00350921567a381f7.jpg

@John Morris

I am no longer staying logged in. If I close out the tab and then reopen it I have to sign back in. I did not have to do that before. When I do log in I get the about the same screen as Stick shows above. Also, when I do open the site and log in my settings have defaulted to the generic settings. I have to reset the background and my colors. None of this is earth shattering, but I thought you should know.

Bill

Thanks, this has to get fixed Bill. We're on it.

Bill, are you sure you don't have any cookie blockers for our site working in the background?

No one else is reporting this issue, just you guys. :wacko:

Nope! I use the FF settings. No cookie blockers and this is one of the few websites that I accept cookies from. I haven't changed anything on my end, and the problem has just cropped up in the last couple of days. The first time I noticed the settings changed was a couple of days ago. All of my cookies are automatically deleted when I close out FF, except for this and one other website.

I was staying logged in, even if I had closed out the browser. Whenever, I brought up the site I was already logged in. Now, I have to sign in and reset my defaults for the background and header colors. Like I said, no biggie on my end, but if there is a glitch on you end I thought you should know.